For leaks!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
sweetkat
Sorry, ment to reply and insted well- you can see what i did lol , this is for question about the leaks. Tampabay...sorry the answer might help though...
I had the same problem w/ leaking, i use aConvaTec surfit , it's a moldable Durahesive skin barrier w modling wafer to your stoma, also along with it I use a insert for the wafer,(the oustide, hope i'm explaining ok) but it's a system that goes together, so where ever you get you appl. at just ask them about the Convatec moldable wafer and convatec convex insert. I was shown this by different stoma nurses I have met along the way, and this seems to work for me, haven't had a leak since and see the cool part is that the insert pushed your stoma upward a little and w the moldable wafer, it molds to your stoma! It makes things a little easier... Hope things get better, hope you might find this info handy!
Katrina
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

RedRoseBud6
Thank you for the information. I have a stoma that is even with my skin, sometime's it even goes in a little. Do you think this device would work for me?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
sweetkat
Def., my stoma would fall in as you could say, so yes, i would def. look into these or ask for a sample, just to see if that system works for you, also my illeostomy is right next to my belly button also, so where my bellybutton is and the sticky patch on the outside of the wafer, between my belly button i would put a little slit and kinda mold it to how ever if fit best. And I would almost always use the stoma paste, which if you have a pounch i'm sure you know what i'm talking about... good luck and if you have any wuestions or want to tak, let me know,
Sweetkat
P.S. hope it works for you bc everyperson i've recomended it to it too has worked so best wishes and let me know how it goes.