Pre-reconnect Test

In this discussion
Replies
Views
artist

Has anyone experienced what I've just gone through? I have just undergone my pre-connect procedure at the hospital, and WOW! (Now I know what a Bottle Rocket feels like!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

beyondpar

Have no clue.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
three
Not a clue; however, my imagination is running rampant!

Pinky

Yes, I've had it (if you mean the test to see if your anal sphincter is strong enough) - frankly it's not the worst - ever had a barium enema? All those tests where you have to cooperate are a drag! Give me drugs, sedate me, knock me out - and I'm a happy camper.

bebbers
Hi there

Eeek! Barium enemas! Just a wee warning from me. Did you know if a barium enema is not flushed out of your bowel (or if you are lucky enough to have a bum, emptied out there), then it returns to its original state, which is rock! Yes, that happened to me. Horrid, even. I had to have an operation to remove it. That is, once I got the hospital to believe me that I had something stuck in the remainder of my large bowel. So if any of you ever have this done, please remember it needs to be flushed out. The hospital never mentioned this to me, and I had months and months of problems because of it.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Yes, barium = concrete!    Or so I'm told!    Haven't had to experience one myself (and not likely to, thank goodness, not having a bowel!), but have heard the horror stories (when I worked in Radiology).    Fortunately, I think they are phasing these archaic types of procedures out. They aren't as easy to read as, say, a colonoscopy or CT scan.    Apparently, too, apart from the fact that the barium adheres to the colon, when it is finally expelled, it is a bugger to remove from the toilet bowl!
Lobster

Snap!