I am a 57-year-old Female
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 55-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone
Meet and talk to 20,076 OstoMates

Eating Radishes Like Candy

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:04 pm
Hi everyone'
My question may seem strange to some of you all but here goes.....
I had my take down surgery May 6 2010  and ever since I have this crazy craving for radishes!!! Im talking a lb a day.....haha
Anyone else have crazy cravings??? LOve to hear it
Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:11 pm
I went through the cheese stage after my colectomy. every cheese you could imagine I wanted it. (except bluevein Bleh) So nedless to say i put on a bit of weight and they don't call cheese bungole for nuthin.
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:07 pm

Gus wrote:
I went through the cheese stage after my colectomy. every cheese you could imagine I wanted it. (except bluevein Bleh) So nedless to say i put on a bit of weight and they don't call cheese bungole for nuthin.
For me it was Ice cream,  I had my surgery 3 years ago and had'nt stopped yet Needless to say I've gained about 10 lbs
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:31 am
ileostomy here, dont do cheese too well; My thing has been jerky and summer sausage. Salt issue? maybe, but I have cut waaaay back on salt elsewhere.
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:18 am

lexus1 wrote:
ileostomy here, dont do cheese too well; My thing has been jerky and summer sausage. Salt issue? maybe, but I have cut waaaay back on salt elsewhere.

I was told that having an ileostomy you need to eat extra salt than norm people. Is that right???
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm
Salty crisps! Can't get enough of them!

Yes, ileostomists don't absorb as much salt, vitamin B12 (which gives you energy) and cholesterol as most people. Some people need B12 injections to top themselves up, so if you're feeling tired and no energy for a while its always worth asking for a blood test to check those levels. I've had my ileo for 10 years now and have never had a problem tho.
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:19 pm
Salty snack junk food -- chips, cheesies and such.

Was always my craving food ... but since the ileo I have no restraint. If I bring them in the house, they are gone that night.

So instead of 'one day at a time' ... I do 'one bag at a time' - LOL
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 pm

dee05 wrote:
Hi everyone'
My question may seem strange to some of you all but here goes.....
I had my take down surgery May 6 2010  and ever since I have this crazy craving for radishes!!! Im talking a lb a day.....haha
Anyone else have crazy cravings??? LOve to hear it

Do you mean you had your ostomy reversed?  And you are eating radishes already?  Wow - I say more power to you, and eat whatever you want!!!  Way to go, girl!
Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 pm
Ileostomy sister here Smile  ...it's been green olives for me....even after all these years, especially during the more watery output days, then I need more green olives....don't know why...but they are a 'must have' for me lol  :/  Smile

~Love from your Doe
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.