Eating Radishes Like Candy

Replies
Views
dee05

Hi everyone'
My question may seem strange to some of you all but here goes.....
I had my takedown surgery on May 6, 2010, and ever since, I have this crazy craving for radishes!!! I'm talking about a pound a day.....haha
Anyone else have crazy cravings??? Love to hear it.

Gus

I went through the cheese stage after my colectomy. Every cheese you could imagine, I wanted it. (Except bluevein. Bleh.) So needless to say, I put on a bit of weight and they don't call cheese "bungole" for nothing.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mike

For me, it was ice cream. I had my surgery 3 years ago and haven't stopped yet. Needless to say, I've gained about 10 lbs.

lexus1

Ileostomy here, don't do cheese too well. My thing has been jerky and summer sausage. Salt issue? Maybe, but I have cut way back on salt elsewhere.

Eddie80

I was told that having an ileostomy, you need to eat extra salt than normal people. Is that right???

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
crazycatlady

Salty crisps! Can't get enough of them!

Yes, ileostomists don't absorb as much salt, vitamin B12 (which gives you energy), and cholesterol as most people. Some people need B12 injections to top themselves up, so if you're feeling tired and have no energy for a while, it's always worth asking for a blood test to check those levels. I've had my ileo for 10 years now and have never had a problem though.

beatrice

Salty snack junk food -- chips, cheesies and such.

Was always my craving food ... but since the ileo I have no restraint. If I bring them into the house, they are gone that night.

So instead of 'one day at a time' ... I do 'one bag at a time' - LOL

Pinky
Do you mean you had your ostomy reversed?   And you are eating radishes already?   Wow - I say more power to you, and eat whatever you want!!!   Way to go, girl!
WOUNDED DOE

Ileostomy sister here... It's been green olives for me... Even after all these years, especially during the more watery output days, then I need more green olives... Don't know why... But they are a 'must have' for me lol :/

~Love from your Doe