Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,232 members

A BIRD IN THE HAND. . . . . .

Posted by gutenberg, on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:09 pm

This woman lives in a Hummingbird fly zone. As they migrated, about 20 of them were in her yard. She took the little red dish, filled it with sugar water and this is the result.
The woman is Abagail Alfano of Pine, Louisiana - she had been studying them daily and one morning put the cup from the feeder (with water in it) into her hand. Since they had gotten used to her standing by the feeder they came over to her hand.

She says in touching they are as light as a feather. Abagail also said, 'if she had known her husband was taking pictures she would have put on makeup.'

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:48 pm
  Aww, thanks for posting that Ed, how cute is that!

Jo x  
Reply by Tiggy, on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 pm
OMG! That's just wonderful!

I remember going camping as a kid and having Canadian gray jay birds take food right out of my hands, but to have a hummingbird do it would be the ultimate thrill.

Thank you for posting these pics! I am going to save them and email them to my mom, she's a hummingbird fanatic! Very Happy
Reply by lottagelady, on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 pm
Wow! They are great pics Ed, thanks for posting xxxx
Reply by WOUNDED DOE, on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 pm
OMG  How BEAUTIFUL!!!
Reply by KennyT, on Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:50 am
They are very cool shots. Wonderful.

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.