Reversing Ileostomy: Personal Choice or Medical Necessity?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses the factors to consider when deciding whether to reverse an ileostomy, with personal experiences and medical insights shared by the community.
beanie

What has happened, did you get a reversal? All these posts just seem to end....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Beanie,

I had not read these forum posts before today - much goes back to Oct 2010. I am so glad you asked what happened. I would love to have updates for all of these people.

My emergency surgery was Aug 2010. No complications before or since. I decided almost immediately I would not seek a reversal. There are many reasons. My ostomy is just a non-issue in my life. Some other things are issues but have no options.

I see how troubled many people are with their ostomies and am interested in each of these people that have posted. I would love to hear how they are doing now and also would like to hear from others with similar issues.

Again, thanks for asking.

Carol

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
squeak31

Would you like to talk in person if possible? I live in Dallas, TX.
Ask me anything.

southernguy

Get an opinion from a major medical facility like the Mayo Clinic or similar high-profile facility. You can often make appointments online and you don't need referrals most of the time, only a copy of your medical records.

Past Member

Had reversal. Didn't work. Complete obstruction of colon. Will have bag rest of life. Have no problem with that. Good luck. Most people have no problem with reversal.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
sb4746815

So I was told the same thing and I feel every bit of what you're going through, betrayal.