Tale of the Big Horn

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
The Buffalo Bill Dam on the Shoshoni River at Cody, Wyoming.
For those who aren't familiar with the view - it's the downstream face
of the dam and those dots are bighorns walking across the steep slope.
They're licking the surface - salt, maybe? This is a frequent sight
here and it is incredible to see.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

three
Hi Ed,

Thanks for sharing such an amazing image those sheep are so amazing and I sense fearless! Seeing them on that slope gives me a take-my-breath-away feeling. In one chapter of my life, I worked as a carpenter and I often found myself walking across deep open spaces on the edge of a 1.5" wide floor joist, and I have seen a few of my co-workers fall from great heights, one to his death.

I notice you live in Antigonish, Nova Scotia: I grew up in Dartmouth, studied engineering at Dalhousie, and have riden a motorcycle through your town on my way to the Cabot Trail.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Pinky
Beautiful! Thank you!
weewee
WOW JUST AND HOUR DRIVE TO SEE IT AND YET I WOULD DRIVE THAT TO GO CATCH FISH LOL BUT FISHING IS GOOD
ok girl
That is incredable!!...Thank you so much for sharing, I have never seen anything like that...

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Tiggy
Holy crap!

I get vertigo just looking at those images! If you've ever seen footage of mountain sheep leaping from ledge to ledge on a steep mountain face, you get an idea of what these graceful creatures are capable of.

Still, these photos are pretty amazing!
lottagelady
Wow what amazing pictures! I'm with Tiggy though, giving me the heebie geebies just looking at it!
xxx
gutenberg
Which begs the question, "how hell do they walk on a flat surface", probably ask what's a flat surface?