Abs of Mashed Potato Following Ileostomy!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
beatrice
Ok, before my op I did not have abs of steel. Had the mid-life lady body type where every extra ounce went to the midriff and my activity level would never give me a six pack. So I was middle soft with a little muffin top.

But now ... I definitely have abs of mashed potato. Any other ladies (or guys for that matter) notice that it seems as if the removal of the colon left an 'empty' space that is rather foldy and soft? Kind of like a stuffed toy with some stuffing removed .

Cute thing ... I mentioned this to hubby who promptly replied "I love mashed potatoes". He's a keeper.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pinky
Awwwwww..Beatrice, that is SO sweet! You are a lucky lady to have such a nice man

My abs aren't so great either, but now about 20 months after surgery I find that I can do sit-ups and crunches and yoga postures that just a couple of months ago were painful, so I think the healing process has its own mind, and we just have to follow its wisdom.

I'd like to get into this "ZUMBA" I keep hearing about - a Latin dance fitness that burns 500 calories an hour!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
gutenberg
Funny thing that, my abs are vertical, gives my navel someplace to hide in shame!!!!
ron in mich
my abs look like a mashed nite crawler worm down the middle.
badancer
I can't stop laughing at your posts. (LOL) I see my abdomen as a Martian landscape so no shirts off at the beach. Still can't stop laughing at the mashed potatoes.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Pinky
I love the hubby "who loves mashed potatoes"! What a sweetie!