5000 Member Office Pool (No Charge)

In this discussion
Replies
Views
badancer
This site seems to be gathering new members daily. Most newbies state that they love the site, it has great information and they are so greatful to find someone to talk with.
So as we approach the 5000 member milestone I propose an office pool to guess the date of the event. Their are 4806 member today.
The winner will get 1 slightly used Convatec pouch and a free cat scan. (my cat)
My guess is Jan,4,2011
Please pick your date and feel free to add more prizes for the winner. Good luck.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

IamSam
Ok...............I'm in for Jan 18, 2011. Typo!!!!

I'll throw in a used can of Benzoin spray! I think the nozzle is clogged though!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
KennyT
I thought I would not donate to the guessing competition but hell I will throw in my ACME Life Improver For The Needy just for good measure and as I have done my homework I am tipping the date will be November the 30th. I have checked all the numbers and consulted my accountant.

You guys have no idea!!!!
lottagelady
Hey I just am not a lucky person, but those prizes have got me soooo excited that I will have a bash at the date

22nd December 2010

Good luck to all!

Rach xxx
Lobster

I don't think you are going to win!

I will go for March 15th 2011 and I'm going to play double or quits and go for nbsp; nbspbetween 1500 - 1600 hrs GMT and I'll throw in a free sample sachet of something i was given but have no idea what it is or what it does so winner beware.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
1~1~11....1st of January 2011 (a date the same in every country for a change!)

...How could I lose?!! (I'm on a roll, just picked the Melbourne Cup winner "Americain", it's a

dead cert!).
swiffer
Feb 5th 2011. I will throw in my crazy dog. I thought he would calm down by now but he gets crazier every day. No refunds or returns. Must be picked up 1 hr after the 5000 mark. Dont tell the kids.Right here he is thinking my bag looks like a good toy.
lottagelady
Swiffer - might take me more than an hour to collect, but I will be there!

Forgot to say what I would throw into the prize fund ....... the used ileostomomy bag eating Basset Hound ..... doesn't cost too much to feed as you have already eaten it, and is a natural waste disposal unit ......

weewee
feb 14 will be my guess and the winner can have a bronzed bag to share with thier sweety
eddie
i had to find another computer to post, but the prizes are sooo great I had to join the wager! I have one slightly neurotic cat who kneads my belly often over my pouch with sharp claws, instant bag change, I am willing to throw him in the pool!!! How about 2/4/11?
eddie
Grammybec
I'm going for Ground Hogs day 2011...I figure if he can tell us if we are going to have six more weeks of winter, he can also tell us that we now have 5000 members! I'll even throw in the Ground Hog! Bec
Pinky
I like the dogs. But NO WAY am I throwing in my beagle baby.

I'm guessing March 20, 2011 - what used to be my wedding anniversary - and PLEASE don't let me win because the prize I'm throwing in is a used-ex-husband and the winner has to travel to Nixa, Missouri to claim him (land of swamps and hillbillies, according to Swiffer) D
ron in mich
hi gang count me in for april 1 2011 and my gift donation is a slightly used pouch clip. ron in mich.
sherrybear
OKAY YOU ALL PUT IN FOR JANUARY 25TH. THAT IS WHEN MY NEW GRANDSON IS TO BE BORN. AND I WILL THROW IN SOME OLD BELTS I HAVE A MAYBE A COUPLE OF BAGS.OK SHOULD I COLLECT MY GIFTS NOW,LOL,LOL!!!!
lottagelady
Hey the membership has gone up rapidly in the last couple of days - has someone got all their family to join or something just to get hold of all those marvellous prizes?
KennyT
Do I get all the fantastic prizes when I am the closest?? Also is it possible to review my original guess?

I am in trouble with my tip so the rest of you are in way more trouble. Slow down with the membership drive Auntie Mabel . I only wanted a few long lost relatives!!! Must have a lot more distant relatives than I thought.
lottagelady
Think you are probably the closest so far - but you have blatantly said you have cheated - so it must be me that's more in the running! xxx
KennyT
Dearest Rach,

Please do not take anything I may say as gospel because I am known to tell the odd lie or so to
help me with this self confidence problem I may or may not have.

Also as I recall I have not spoken to my Aunt Mabel in a very long time! Maybe I have.

Yours sincerely (I dont mean it)
Ken

ps.

And to the rest of you out there no more entries will be accepted on the grounds that I am winning.
Pinky
Yeah, Rach - I just noticed that too - at this rate there will be 5000 members in a couple of days!
eddie
Hey Ed where are you??? I know you must have something grand to throw in the game!!
Rach what we will do is watch the numbers and discontinue our membership when "you know who" gets close to his date, he may have alot of family but My Seven brothers taught me about how to cheat at poker at a tender age
eddie
Lobster

I would just like to say, as Ken's lawyer, that he has never told a lie and any time he has (which he hasn't) there was always a third party present. Secondly, his post was made under duress and is therefore inadmissable (unlesss I am going to win this game in which case I m more than wiling to testify against him!)
KennyT
Until further notice any statements I have to make concerning the aforementioned (legal I am sure) guessing competition will be issued by my lawyer Mr Lobster. This is dependant on the fact he sticks solidly by me in the situation we find ourselves in with respect to a certain understanding we have concerning remuneration and loyalty.
Lobster

Excuse my ignorance but I am a lawyer - what is loyalty? I did google it but the definitions made no snse to me at all! However, remuneration I more than understand.
lottagelady
You two crack me up! xxxx
Past Member
i say the 18th nov and ill throw in a half melted bag
beyondpar
At the risk of being a called a cheat at this late hour entry I will say the 15th of November, and if any of you will believe me, LOL i have been unable to post my prediction due to the cookies in my browser........As a prize I will offer up one bottle of Karaya Powder to the winner.........I will bet some of you will be laughing, and that too is all good..Michael
KennyT
Due to a couple of fly by nightners putting in late bids on the date, I have decided that you make a very strong case Eddie and would agree to be part of your plan outlined earlier. Whilst some may construe it to be manipulation of the membership numbers to affect the outcome of the winning date , my lawyer Mr Lobster, off the record of course, agreed that this indeed is a very good plan when it became apparent that I could no longer win. He also has a vested interest in the outcome.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that any earlier misunderstandings between us are now forgotten.

Lots of love
Ken
lottagelady
Eddie - is he trying to creep in here so that we share our spoils with him??

Maybe the missing Ed could do some lawyering for us?

Where is Mr Gutenburg by the way? Hope he is okay or on holiday, anyone know.........?

Rach xx
badancer
Due to disorder in the ranks and due to a surge in membership the committee has decided to post an entry cutoff date of 11/08/2010 and to allow a second guess to all entrants, with 2 winners to split the bounty. (Winners to collect from entrants) No splitting of the dogs will be allowed. All taxes the responsibility of the winners. Disclaimer: The person running the pool will not make a second guess because of the possibility of winning. Pool not valid in Tibet. Good luck to all.

date is Nov/08/2010 - my bad
lottagelady
Due to disorder in the ranks and due to a surge in membership the committee has decided to post an entry cutoff date of 11/08/2011
Is that not a bit long, over a year and are you saying that I am disorderly?

I will get in first ..... My second guess is 22nd November 2010 ...
xxx