So work has done it to me again!

Replies
Views
Gus
Here I was, having an end of Uni BBQ with friends, going to embibe a few coldies or more and get to that happy place before you fall down and work steps in. Seems they want me to sit on a wharf and make sure no pinches it. Jesus the hide of some people. Can't a bloke have a few beers and a snag or 2 in peace???
Past Member
Bloody cheek of the mongrels mate!

Hope you get the chance to crack a few real soon (work be buggered)!

Cheers Steve,

Jo x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza
HOW RUDE (R U A WHARFIE) DRINKS ARE AT LUNCH TIME.GET IT PUT IN YA CONTRACT MATEY
vulcanBMk2
Many years ago I was a Branch Manager of a large Security company. Over Christmas /New Year many of the younger Patrolmen/Officers wanted time off to go on the Ale etc.

Being in a Supervisory position I had to cover them . So I spent many Christmas Eve /Christmas Day/Boxing Day/New years eve / New Years day out on Patrol away from my then wife 2 little daughters.

Nothing like spending Christmas eve in a panel van , driving around some deelict Industrial site-----Who would want to steal a 100ft smoke stack at Christmas time----Ohh a dodgy Santa!!
Gus
Yes it seems some of our guards don't want to work christmas eve or christmas day. I asked my manager for the pay rate for christmas day and they can't tell me. My roster for the next 9 days is 2100 (9pm ) to 0300 each night till monday then its 2030 (8.30pm) till 3.30 including christmas eve and chriastmas day. If I am not paid at least $50 an hour then they better find someone else. The pay is really the only reason people work christmas day.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
Tiggy
UGH! I hate hearing sh*t like this. Gus, kudos to you for sticking to your guns and expecting a higher rate of pay for certain sacrifices. After the year you've had, you have more than earned a restful Christmas at home with your loved ones. Your employer had better pay up if he wants the privlege of having you work for him on Christmas!