AHHHHHH the Shower........feels good just saying it

Replies
Views
beyondpar
Vulcan , your shower post led me to ask another question for some fun.. So I consider this thread taking your thread on a small detour, but i am starting my own thread. ........Yes the shower is absolute freedom when a pouch is off and the skin can breath and the stoma sees the light of day , but its

Time for " To tell the truth"

Yes I too sometimes and more often than not Pee in the shower:))))))))))

Fess up everyone and lets see if this a human condition or a cultural condition or Male Female preference or just plain some do and some dont. I do know years ago most would never admit to this sort of thing, but what the hey..LMAO
lottagelady
Okay - I will go first!

This morning I woke up covered in s**t .... as I wear a light support over my hernia at night, fortunately it was somewhat contained, but as you can imagine, gets all over the place once you start to unravel things .....

By the time I had peeled off this wonderful stretchy garment, the damned stuff was all down my legs and on the floor - so into the shower I went up to the eyeballs in it and the first thing I did was had a pee having not had one since the night before! (otherwise I would've had to clean the loo as well!)

So there ....... confession made!

xxxxxxxxx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
LOL Michael, I reckon anyone who says they haven't peed in the shower might be a bit of a bullsh*t artist!

Better than peeing in the sink. There's that old joke about "at least you could have washed the dishes before I took a leak in there!"

You're there, you have a drain and a shower to wash yourself (and it all) away, what could be easier!
KennyT
I know I have done this since I can remember and I have to agree with Jo re the bull...t comment. In my own little world I actually thought everyone did it and if they didnt they wished they had. It would seem strange to me to get out of the shower to pee into another drain as such when there was one below me.
Mystified
Ok...so I guess it's my turn to fess up too....there, I did. The only problem I have is getting in the damn shower stall before the stoma poops more....lol I've never pooped so much in my entire life. I could go a week without taking a sh** if you know what I mean before I had my new little buddy that has totally driven my entire lifeform out of whack.

I never got a lick of sleep in the last 24 hours. My brand new pouches began leaking out of the side of the bag at the top and running down the leg...through my clothes and totally making my day and night miserable.

On Sunday, I put a brand new flange and bag on. I began having problems but I figured as long as I had an appointment with my stoma nurse, we could deal with the situation then. OH BOY!!! Was I ever wrong!!

I went through 9 brand new bags in the 24 hour period. I never got a chance to even empty the bag cuz there just wasn't anything in it. Well?? How could there be when it was all coming out of the side of my bag?

I give up totally!! If it isn't one thing it's 10 others. Hollister is sending me out 2 new boxes of bags and hopefully they will work...........oh s**t...gotta run...bag is running....

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
lottagelady
Oh Mystified - we've all had those sort of days .... touch wood not too recently for me, but yes my record is 10 in a 24hr period - your skin gets so sore with peeling them on and off and it becomes an horrific vicious cycle ... really hope you can manage to sort something out soon ....
Rach xxxx
gederoca
You might want to check out Convatec. I've used their bags from day one (5 years now) and never had leakage. When I change....about every 4 or 5 days....they're still tough to get off. I've even gone up to 10 days without changing. Another great feature is the pouches have a double velcro closure....no leaking from that end either.
Past Member
What is wrong with peeing in the shower any way? Any time you have to wash something off and you can't go out in the yard....you do it in the shower! Besides you know that the shower water and the toilet water mix together and go to the same place. So keep on peeing and may the force be with you.
mooza
hehe Um i have pissed in the bathroom sink in malaysia the dunny was blocked ewwwww im like a cat anywhere anytime xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
beyondpar
Mooz, love your style, thats what keeps me smiling..........LOL
Katman
I use the shower as a chance to clean everytghing realy well... and usually a chance for a new appliance. So, showering with out the bag means that pee is the least of my worries.

For me, the real chalenge in the shower is being able to wash, rinse and dry without pooping all over myself again! (Use lots of small rags)

K