Need help for my fistulas

In this discussion
Replies
Views
poppie

On the 14th of Aug 10, I went to the hospital with very bad pains around my hernia and ileostomy. After several operations, they found a twisted bowel in 2 places and 2 holes which poisoned my whole body. I was in a coma for 18 days and on life support. Finally, I got out of the hospital 15 weeks later. My question is, I have an open wound with a skin graft over it, but now I have 3 fistulas leaking from the wound. Is there anything I can eat or drink that will slow down or stop them from leaking? I have heard rice water is good. Many thanks.
Poppie from Australia

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Hi Poppie, sorry to hear of hospital time. Wow, the bowel gets us all in all sorts of trouble.... I am interested in leaking fistulas. I am sure this will get you some answers. Best wishes, Mare xxx Mooza

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lynsie

Hey kiddo
Spent the whole summer, 4 months, thought it was just 4 days in a coma. 3 weeks, 6 surgeries. Complicated diverticulosis, stoma/fistula, and skin graft from thigh to stomach wound. Some days I can deal with the stoma, but it can be depressing at times. Still experimenting with foods... alone... wake up nightly to drain.
Frustrating... but