Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

Sexy underwear

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,271 Members
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 am
hi there ladies,i just wanted to bring up the topic of sexy underwear,i have a few questions,do you girls miss the sexy underwear lingerie companies such as anne summers and la senza offer? ive noticed theres a few companies out there that offer "sexy" ostomy underwear but am i alone in thinking that the underwear on offer is pretty and well want for a better word safe? the colour schemes are bland,do the designers of these companies believe that just because we have ostomies that we dont want out there hellava sexy underwear,of course it has to conceal and reveal at the same time,but if yas dont mind ladies and men who want to see there ladies in some sexy sexy attire get back to me and let me know if i am the only one who thinks this way? thankyou xxx

Last edited by Past Member on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:35 am
If you dont mind i would like to say that as a male ostomate,  I welcome you girls to continue to wear your sexy underwear and dont hide the pouch at all......I am very comfortable with my pouch and want you to feel the same and it realy doesnt require hiding it with "Granny undies"........In my opinion the pouch doesnt take away any of your sexiness but a bad pair of underwear can........

So on some occasions you probably should wear the more supportive undies for the pouch,  however when it comes to sexy lingerie,  wear the undies you wore before becoming an ostomate.............I do find that traditional  sexy female underwear i see in ads is such a male turn on  and there is no reason that just because you are an ostomate that you should change ........

Just my 2 cents.........
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:12 pm
I absolutely agree, you would still want to wear sexy colours and pretty outfits . . . . maybe we should find out who designs these outfits and have a word, besides they are designing for us and we won't buy them if we don't like them!!!!
  Past Member
Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:02 pm
hi there,  when I first got my pouch I was at end looking for undies to support.  I even tried the ostomy ones.  Like the others said.  You need to feel sexy.  I know I do since i feel like I lost all sexiness after surgery and steroids.so........................ I wear the sexy ones when I want to feel sexy.  Dosn't have to be for intimacy.   Just for you to feel like a woman.  I tape the bottom of the bag to the flange.  Fold it under and tape.  It can still fill up,  and give you the freedom to wear the undies. (like the hipsters and such)

It works

good luck
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 am
I saw a website that sports sexy undies and swimwear:

http://living.stv.tv/fashion/181714-sexy-swimwear-for-colostomy-bag-wearers/
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:02 am
After having my surgery i came home and threw out all my lingerie...just didnt see the point in it filling my drawers up and replaced it all with "belly warmers" and "plain un-sexy" underwear. Wearing a nice silky bra and then some cotton belly warmers just doesnt have the desired effect I just thought the days of feeling and wanting to be sexy for not only someone else but myself were gone
Nearly 12 months down the line and im starting to realise that isnt the case...not sure if i would be able to be completley naked infront of a man, im single so finding "the one" is the only way of knowing that. I was out shopping and brought myself a little negligee, why?....because even with my bag im now wanting to feel and look feminine, so on days where im low i will put it on to remind myself that i can be "girly"....i am sexy.
I have looked on the web sites at the underwear and gone to the stoma fairs and understand where you are coming from...there is nothing that is made for us that your able to say "wow...now thats sexy"....think its time us sexy girlies spoke out

xx
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am
OMG you are so right, i did the big hip hugging draws thing, like Bridget Jones wore lol, and stll do if need be, but most of the time i like to wear much smaller underwear now than i did before just to make ME feel better and prove to myself i can still feel sexy, well done we so needed to talk about this xx.
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:05 pm
Just some male FYI...........sorry gals as this subject excites me..LOL

After having attended the National Ostomy conference in the states in 2009,  we had a fashion show of all the things you talk about and feel..........How do we,  both men and women feel about clothing and underwear and for the women,  feeling that extra bit of sexy.
               Well  let me tell you it was the Hit of the conference, to see so many men and women baring it all in nice, attractive and sexy clothing.
              It was there that I met two very interesting manufactureres ( both ostomates and both young ladies) of all that you talk about......sexy underwear,   as  well as nice underwear for us men  to wear.
               IN the states we have  Ostomy Secrets and across the Atlantic you gals have Vanilla blush. Look them both up and im sure you will find what you need.

If you go to www.vblush.com  and www.ostomysecrets.com  you will find some things I am certain you will find attractive.......

You know the journey is difficult unto itself,  and after we relaize it has saved us to some degree from a life of misery,  we then want to get back in total or maleness and femaleness.  and the inner clothing is a great starting point.  
I hope you guys dont mind me in on this thread,  but i though this would help,  as we all could use a lift every now and then..Michael

Last edited by beyondpar on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:29 pm
Oh my ... I haven't felt 'sexy' for years - despite being told that I am - I think if I wasn't wearing my black Bridget Joneses I would feel sort of insecure and ridiculous! You need to like yourself I reckon, to wear those nice pretty things .... and  I don't much really ...
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 pm
I hope the fact that I do not have an ostomy and that I am 28 years young doesn't take away the importance of what I am about to say:

"Sexy" is a state of mind. Too often I think we allow Hollywood and popular culture to dictate to us when we should feel sexy and attractive, and when we should feel shame and embarrassment about ourselves and our bodies. I'm going to go out on a limb here and admit that I am very bisexual (although I have been married for years now, I still identify as having strong attractions to both genders). To me, and this is the truth, a woman is always at her most sexiest when she is really *feeling* it - when she is really in touch with her own brand of beauty, and doesn't offer apologies for any little "flaws" or differences about her form and appearance.

Additionally, I am overweight and have been this way for most of my adult life. None the less, I still put on lacy sexy things quite frequently. Now, granted, no one sees them except for Tyler. But even if that weren't the case (and I remember vividly how it was being single and "looking"), if anyone had a problem with my voluptuousness, it would be just that: *their* problem, not mine. See what I mean? When you refuse to take other people's ideas of beauty as your own, you effectively gain personal power, and give the judgments of others back to them to deal with, so you can get on with enjoying your life and feeling good about you.
Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm
hi tine ,good to hear that you feel you can wear what you want to feel sexy , nothing wrong with that , does not matter what other people think  
l have looked at some of the ostomate sites for sexy  underwear  for men and women , and don't see why you don't wear what you used to before op .
had my urostomy all life and does not bother me undies or what ever .
merry christmas .  mike .  
  Past Member
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 pm
thanks guys that was some great feedaback and confirmed i am not alone in thinking this thankyou all for your replies xxxx
  Past Member
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:03 am

sherl1 wrote:

l have looked at some of the ostomate sites for sexy  underwear  for men and women

i have to wear those steel belted underwear... do they have those??...............
  Past Member
Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:17 am
I never even considered wearing granny panties after the surgery.  I changed a few things around. I use a waist cincher as a sexy lingerie to cover my pouch and keep it in place. Maidenforms' seamless are my everyday faves. They are expensive but I can't stand panty lines. If they are too low like below the hip, they will make your pouch pop out.

Fredericks has my fave brand of control thongs with a high waisted front panel (secures pouch and controls belly bulge) and thong in the back. I buy one size bigger on some of them because they are more comfortable.

http://www.fredericks.com/Wild_Side_Control_Thong/54024,default,pd.html?cgid=pa9

But the best sassy one of them all is Victoria's Secret gartered thong. To die for! Again I buy a size larger and I support on the front panel.  
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265368403564&c=Page&cid=1289999063676&pagename=vsdWrapper
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 pm
I know what you mean ladies!  I hate that stuff for ostomates.  I still wear my thongs and g-strings and if I feel like putting on lingerie, I have a few things that cover my abdomen/stoma.  You can have sex while wearing it and your man would still have access to everything!
Go to page: 1, 2  Next
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.