Doing a happy dance

In this discussion
Replies
Views
LilacFaerie
I'm over the moon and doing a happy dance. I just got to wear my jeans out shopping.

My first time of wearing jeans since the operation! They fitted just under the flange surrounding Tomi and sat really well. They were comfortable too!

I had to make slight adjustments to the top I was wearing so that it covered the bag fully, but I did it and headed out to the shops.

I felt attractive and confident for the first time in ages. I looked good and healthy and had some nice compliments too so that was even better.

I am so very happy cos I am not a skirt kind of girl.... Jeans and a pretty top do it for me, so the last 3 months of skirts has been a challenge. I have found I can tolerate skirts a lot better than I did, but before.... well I wouldn't be seen dead in a skirt or a dress. Jeans and trousers all the way.

I just wanted to share cos I am so happy that I could wear jeans (and I've lost enough bloat round the middle to wear jeans I thought I had outgrown... yippee) and they were comfortable.

Happy happy happy!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

weewee
gratz on feeling sexy and happy at the same time
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lottagelady
Whayyyyy! Well done girl! So pleased for you!

Rach xx
mooza
Thats so cute i was like that aswell lolol never thought i would ever SO WE ALL GET IT I THINK LOL NEXT SHORTS AND BIKINI TOP THATS ME WAIT 4 SUMMER THOUGH HAHAHH SO HAPPY THAT U R GOODONYA MARE
PJT
Good for you! Feeling good about yourself and looking attractive are so important to one's health and self esteem. I can still remember back in 1978 when I had my surgery how reassuring it was for me when another ostomate came to visit me in the hospital and I got to see, in person, that he could still wear beautiful clothes and you couldn't see a thing. When I was finally ready to leave the hospital I asked my parents to bring my favorite suit for me to wear. I was going to be looking good when I walked out of there!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
yaya
Hi Lilac..I am so happy for you~! It's a great feeling to go out amongst the living and feel good about yourself. I have a question for you. Maybe ignorance is bliss for me? I have been wearing jeans since I came home in November. Was there some kind of "rule" that mandated no wearing of jeans? Am I at risk for leakage? Now I am worried. Your thoughts please. Yaya
LilacFaerie
LOL thanks for being happy for and with me. I'm stilll over the moon about getting to wear my jeans. It was a huge deal for me

I didn't have a rule about not wearing jeans - it's more that I was so bloated and in so much pain for about 6 months before my operation that I couldn't wear jeans no matter how much I wanted to, then I had the operation and well that was about 6 weeks ago so the tummy has been a little delicate ever since. Yesterday I tried on the jeans and found they fit and so I was off and running (okay toddling - still a bit wobbly on my pins lol )

Such a major accomplishment - I'd lost heaps of bloat - 2 dress sizes worth of bloat - and my stomach had stopped aching and feeling delicate - so I gave it a go

and I am so pleased I did
Past Member
Gotta take those victories where ever we can get them, eh?