Something new for the New Year

In this discussion
Replies
Views
PJT
My wife was born in Manila and she told me about a Philippino tradition of always wearing something new on New Year's Day. In keeping with this tradition I put on a new bag today.

Thank you and drive safely.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

weewee
i did also right after midnight
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lottagelady
...and so did I - after I'd sprung a New Year leak!

xx
steve47
I went crazy and put on a whole weeks worth of bags for new year don't you just love it when they don't stick
lottagelady
Oh blimey - I have only had that occur once and it's awful .... do you think you had a bad batch? I reckon that's what mine was and I called them and they sent another box. It just becomes a viscious circle though - more they don't stick, more the skin breaks down and gets wetter = the more they won't stick .... ugh, hope it is okay now?
Rach xx

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
steve47
yes thks finally got 1 to stick luckily i had ordered in a box before christmas or i might be panicking now
bagr
I did also due to my vent trying to work and spotting my clothes. A New Year and a new bag. It's the little things in life that gives a person pleasure.LOL
budd002
I got the New Year leak as well....
Past Member
im with you steve, one after another after another, very sore skin by the end of the afternoon, im sooooooooo fed up, i could cry,
nessy
I use "skin prep" made by Smith Nephew, just spray it on your skin and it gets tacky like glue. Works great I've gone as long as 8 days , also switched to the Hollister 8724 flange, which has a much better adhesive, it's flesh coloured as opposed to the clear adhesive. Haven't had one leak since I switched to the 8724.

Cheers Bob
Immarsh
How Funny! In anticipation of starting the New Year off "Clean", I changed before I went out on New Year's Eve. No leak, and won't have to change for another 4 days...

BTW I also use skin prep, and it really does prepare the skin, and results in a much better hold.

Happy New Year to all!

Marsha
bes0642
It must be a New Years thing! I changed mine as well. But lucky NO LEAK! Just starting to get an burning irritation after 9 days. Just regular maintenance .
LilacFaerie
For the new year my colostomy Tomi gave me kittens!
He got burpy and farty and seemed to be producing thick white bubbles

too much adapt lubricant in the bag....

I thought he was dying. I was all for calling an ambulance. But changed bags, popped olive oil in as the lubricant and what do you know... no more white bubbles.

I know kids like to blow bubbles but really!

LOL