Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,240 members

Put down that stick and listen to some good music.

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:14 am
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:50 am
Johnny Cash did a few covers near the end, notably, Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus", Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage, and Nine Inch Nail's "Pain".

Last edited by Past Member on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
PJT
Reply by PJT, on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:03 pm
Thanks for sharing that Herculisa. I'm tempted to break out my old Johnny Cash CDs. Yes, even people from NY dig the man in black!
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:18 pm
Funny.......
Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:41 pm
Loved the story where his daughter took Preparation H to court to stop them from using his song "RING OF FIRE" in a commercial, yes, she won.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:57 am
iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VephsDLzGss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen/iframe
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 am
PJT:  Yeah, Johnny was a man for all seasons and reasons, that's for sure.  I'm a pretty secular person but he is one guy I actually enjoy listening to talk about his religion because (1) he was so tolerant of others and (2) he was the genuine article: a true Christian who practiced the teachings, which (3) was evidenced by his tolerance for others.

Sinfulsot: my son introduced me to that CD you speak of..it is great!
Reply by Pinky, on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 pm
Johnny Cash was my hero as a little girl growing up (me, not him).  No one could figure out why.  I think it was because he projected an aura of understanding and compassion.  Oh, and I liked his music too.   Smile
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 am

herculisa wrote:
Sinfulsot: my son introduced me to that CD you speak of..it is great!

Pain has been overplayed somewhat. you can hear his age in Personal Jesus. my favorite is Rusty Cage; I also like the original, but in most cases, he really makes them his own, regardless if compared to the original.
Reply by mooza, on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:48 am
  omg thats U2's Song hell nooooo..
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.