Blue Lagoon, Iceland

In this discussion
Replies
Views
delilah

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland and is it true that they only have communal showers and not only that you have to shower naked before you go in to the geothermal pool?

I'm supposed to be going in a few days or rather I won't be if this is the case. I'd be grateful for any views. Thank you

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Wow, it looks amazing! And I can see the "bathers" wearing swimming costumes, so I think you will be fine, enjoy your holiday!

http://www.bluelagoon.com/

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

Looking at their website and browsing their FAQs, there is nothing to suggest nudity is a requirement.

I hope this reassures you.

Dragonfly
Hi - I've just seen this on Wikipedia for the Blue Lagoon:

"Iceland has a strict code of hygiene and guests are required to shower without clothing in the communal shower area before and after bathing."

I really hope this is not true, as I'm going there myself next month too! Maybe someone added it as a joke.
delilah
Hi, I have now been to the Blue Lagoon and there are private changing rooms and showers there alongside communal places, phew!!

You don't have to shower naked either before you go in.

Hope this helps others who may be going there in the future.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister