Recovering from Stoma Reform: Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
Angel

Hi everyone.
I have just come home from the hospital after having my stoma reformed. I am still in a lot of pain, but each day is a little better.
I had this done because my stoma was retracted and I was having a lot of leaks day and night. I was scared to go out in case of accidents. It was really getting me down, so I am hoping this will be successful. I would like to hear from anyone who may have had this done and how they are getting on now. Many thanks, Angel.

J.J.

Hiya angel..
Haven't had a relocation..but glad you are home and on the mend!! =)

~hugs~
J.J

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Wishing you much success and a swift recovery. Let us know how things progress. All the best, Angel!

tippitop
Hi Angel.

Hope you make a rapid recovery and that the surgery will be successful.

Accidents can rule our lives and I am always anticipating the same as my stoma is tiny. I leak several times a day as a result and the surrounding skin develops fairly deep burns.

I was nervous about undergoing any further surgery, mostly because after surgery for a perforated duodenal ulcer in December, I spent a week in intensive care on a ventilator.

But I am sooooo encouraged by your post, I am going to GO FOR IT.

This time the anesthetist will recognize that I am not a fifteen stone rugby player, just a seven stoner and don't need quite so much in the way of intravenous stuff!!

Thank you for this post Angel, I so want the same result that you achieved,

Now I feel confident enough.

Triciaxxx
nessy

Haven't had mine reformed, but hoping for the best for you. I was fortunate to have an incredible surgeon, who's incidentally from Aberdeen.
Have you tried skin prep spray? It works wonders.

Cheers, Bob

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Angel
Hi Tricia

I am so sorry you are having problems and all those leaks, the sore skin. I know what you are going through, but chin up, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

My stoma now is looking good, no leaks, no pancaking, and the top of my bag stays clean all the time. So I am very confident that it is going to work.

So Tricia, keep smiling. I hope you decide to go ahead and have the surgery. Keep us up to date.

Love, Angel xx