Stoma Naming: Break On Through to The Doors!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses creative and humorous names for stomas, providing a lighthearted approach to living with an ostomy.
glenn block

I call mine "The Doors" because of their song "Break On Through to the Other Side"... get it!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Lololol cute.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Sh@tHappens!

I named mine Wally because I irrigate, and when I was a kid, there was a cartoon called Wally Gator.

MrPositive

I call mine TB, full of it (ex PM is the clue). Kind regards, Neil.

skyblue

I call mine the Alien.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Joolz822

I call mine the Necessary Evil. I've had it since July 2009 and we're just never going to get along.

Tropicald

Mine is Little Peter Poopalot.....because that is what he does!

Tropicald

smith311

Tropicald - Love it, ha! Or I would have to say Sir Poops-a-lot, you know, something along those lines.

StomaStan

I like alliteration, and I am an Adam Sandler fan, so mine is named Stoma Steve.

skyblue

I call mine the Alien.

stomafart

I call mine Napoleon Stomafart and when it needs emptying, then it is called the privy purse (in the UK, a privy is the toilet).

Past Member

Just remember, not everyone puts a name to his/her stoma(s).

But mine is a colo called Spignacio "Spitty" NewPooper

Kayakjan

I call mine "Little Buddy" for now. Sometimes I can't print the names I call it. I'm sure I will come up with something more original as time goes on.

glowygirl

I call mine "Chucky" like the movie Chuckie. It just keeps chucking LOL LOL. I am a new ostomate and had picked the name out beforehand. Kind of like the birth of a new baby. Good luck everyone!

Brye

Mine is named "Ziggy". I am glad to see I am not the only one to name it.

hawk

I call mine "Pain in the a.. stomach on my side'.

Rosiesmom

Mine is Rosie, since she is part of me for life I felt she deserved a name and not just my stoma.

WAB

Just a suggestion... You name your bag after people in your life who are "full of crap"...
;

Rosiesmom

Come on, Wab. You know if we did that, our stores would have more names than a royal. Let's just keep it simple, one to a stoma.

WAB

Lol...yes; the Kiss formula...good idea...however...I have no idea what I would call mine...how does one choose a name for it...where does one start...someone said he called their stoma Mick Jagger...because his stoma reminded him of Mick Jagger's lips...lol...I look at mine and well...it is a miracle...I am here...it needs no name...

walderpeee

I call it "My Shit Hole", only when I am with my husband. We haven't come up with a name while in public. I have had my colostomy for about six years now. Had a liver transplant 8 years ago, then developed anal, tongue, and right lung cancers due to the "rejection meds" I have to take the rest of my life for the transplant. My husband has been so supportive through all this, even helps with the "bag changes"! We celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary last month (Dec. 7th)!!! I am so blessed to have a wonderful soul mate!!!!

Micki