Opinions on Colo-Magic bag liners?

Replies
Views
fable3

I saw a promo on the Uncover Ostomy Facebook page about Colo-Magic bag liners. They are supposed to be flushable and work with 2-piece products. Before I spend the money, I'd like some feedback from anyone who has tried them.

cassieandme

I haven't tried the bag liners but someone on here posted that they have used the liners.
They said they really liked them and they are flushable. I was going to buy some but my
Dr. has scheduled me for a reversal so I didn't spend the $$. I go April 13th for the reversal.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,378 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

billdeacon

I have the liners, but they are not easy to use, and I make more of a mess. It would be nice if they were as easy as they advertise! I bought them hoping to be able to use them when away from home; better than emptying the bag!

Pinky

Hi - I don't use the liners now because I irrigate my colostomy, but back in 2003 when I had a temporary colostomy I used them all the time with the 2-piece closed pouch (could have used them with a drainable pouch too).

I only wore them when I was out and about - not flushable in a septic system, which is what I had at home.

papop

I have been using Colo-Majic liners for 10 months now.
For me, they are great! I never have to clean a pouch - just pull the liner out, dump the contents and liner in the toilet, and flush.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
toodie

I have to admit that the prospect of a liner is interesting. I watched the video on the company's site. All I could hear was the noise/crinkling of the bag. Is it just me or is that annoying or a sensitive video microphone?

I would think that your hands are just as likely to get messy?

Chris1

I have been using the flushable liners for almost two years now. Best thing since sliced bread, easy to use, much cleaner and sanitary. Wish they were cheaper but ... I won't go without them.