Looking for Heat Sealing Appliance for Pouch Disposal

In this discussion
Replies
Views
bigtrev
Hi all

I remember a few years ago seeing a product advertised that heat sealed your pouch in a plastic bag which was a continuous replaceable roll in a specially designed appliance.

I've searched all the accessory sites to no avail!

Can anyone out there help?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lottagelady

There is something similar on the market, but it is for cat litter!

It is called a "litter locker" and you can see them on eBay, etc. .... Do not heat seal, I don't think though?

Rach x

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
funnygurl

In Canada, it is called a Diaper Genie. Look in the baby supply section of department stores. They work great!

nessy

Were you thinking of this?

http://www.foodsavercanada.com/Home/Default.aspx

Cheers Bob

funnygurl

No, it is like a large sealed canister for diapers. It has a continuous roll of bags that you tear off each time you empty.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
bigtrev

Thanks, Bob, but I wasn't thinking of keeping it fresh!!!!

bigtrev

Yeah, that might be it! Can you elaborate more?

funnygurl

It is used to store diapers until you can take it out to the garbage. It is like a cannister and it is sealed. Inside is a roll of plastic which you tear off and tie when you want to dispose of them. They do not smell and are very easy to use. The top and the bottom will open.
I have both the Diaper Genie I model and the model II. Genie I is no longer available in stores but I got mine cheap on eBay and prefer it to Genie II.

http://www.expotv.com/videos/reviews/2/34/DiaperGenieSystem/7711