Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,338 members

PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:35 am
Well, ok, now that we have thoroughly discoursed all  there is concerning Obama and Qaddafi,(however you spell his name)  It is time to  move on to another subject and see if we can stir up some lively conversation.

I for one am torn between Huckabee and Trump.

Huck plays a mean bass, but our last musician in the white house, didn't fair too well.

I like Trump's attitude toward China,  but I am afraid he would never be able to keep a cabinet, he likes to fire people.

So where does that leave us?  

Mitt? (to pretty and stuffy)

Sara? (by the time she got through bashing every body, we might be in another war)

T. Boone?(after all he is an oil man, we sure need an oil man)

Ross? (of course one never knows how many times  he would change his mind)

Obama? (you gotta be kidding, besides he had his 15 minutes of fame)

What to do?,  What to do?
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:02 pm
trump has no past voting record to judge by, he is a new york "insider" just like the few that "cashed in" on the bailout mess. if you put the fox in charge of the hen house, you pretty well know what will happen
huck is a proven conservative, check his record. he has actually run a state govt{unlike obama who hasnt run anything}

palin, same as huck. i like her and i dont normally like women in politics{i like jan brewer too}.

ross, again, no record to judge by and you cant even pin him down on what he says he belives.

mitt, hes from mass, rank the states by personal freedoms.. guess which one comes in last or near last

boone, again no voting record to judge him on. pretty dangerous to be putting in that job at this near crisis time in our history.

i would hope that the people of this country will leave the social experiments out of the 2012  election, and elect an experienced and proven leader. we sure need one right now.
it`s no longer a game, we are in a battle for our very survival.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:43 pm
Mild-manered,

of course you are right in every comparison you mentioned.

I don't seriously believe we have a decent candidate right now.

I meant my comments to be  mostly "tongue in cheek"

We could surly use some of our past "giants" right about now;

Stevenson, Roseveldt,Russel, even a Kennedy for that matter.

I believe that any one of the seated governors is going to be a

major player in 2012
Reply by Xerxes, on Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:50 am
MSSH,

Don't get me wrong, but weren't we saying the same thing after GW's little 8 yr. debacle?

X_
Reply by KennyT, on Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:37 am
I would hazard a guess and say yes X.

Ken
Reply by KennyT, on Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm
I am not sure whether this is occurring over there in the US but it is being reported, and being backed up by comments from Republicans, that both Trump and Palin are looked upon as a bit of a joke and and a sideshow to the nominations. Personally I would have to agree.

I am not looking to stir the pot but more to wonder if these people are serious contenders for the nomination for President then you guys have some serious issues.

Ken
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:03 am
Kenny,

You are absolutely right about one thing, we are facing some serious issues.

But it is my opinion that Trump is serious.  I am not to sure about Palin.

I think that she might just be screwing around.  But it was never thought that

Obama had a chance in hell either.

Of course if one looks at logic and applies that logic, there is only a couple

so far that are truly qualified,  Huckabee and Romney.......so far.  There will be a few others

as the time nears.  You know the Clinton's are both eligible, having birth certificates and all.

ha,ha couldn't resist that!

As far as stiring the pot,  I don't see it that way.  I just wanted to stir some stimulating

conversation.

Glad you responded!
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:23 pm
as of this date 4/22/2011

any one notice the polls on where Trump now stands?

and Romney, and Huckabee, and Palin??

Look out!!
Reply by KennyT, on Thu May 19, 2011 2:25 pm
Well Huckabee and Trump are gone. Now all you people over there can hope for is that idiot Palin withdraws as well. That will ensure as least two fools are out. (not Huckabee) so I will leave it up to your imagination.

I still for the life of me cannot figure out how some of these so called politicians get a chance to run for the position of head of the country who think they rule the world. (Maybe they do).

Leave the mail in my letterbox.

Ken
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu May 19, 2011 3:47 pm
Kenny,
To tell the truth, I am disappointed to see Trump drop out.  He was, I admit no great statesman but I liked what he had to say about dealing with China.  I thik he had the right idea.  I was also sorry to see Huckabee go.I don't put much faith in Palin either.  Matter of fact it looks like the candidate is going to be a "johnie come lately"  whom ever it will be.  Probably it will be some unknown,  like the clown we have now.  I can't think of who there is left.

However, the crack about the USA ruling the world was a little uncalled for.  It takes all the leadership and fortitude a country such as ours can muster to not bend to doing just that.  I don't mean our inept president but there are other entities at work constantly who are trying to make the world a better place to live.  You know if you look around the globe there is a whole lot of good being done by the old US of A.  I'll admit also some screw-ups,  but there is an effort.

I love my country, I already have served her and am willing, if the need be to serve her again.
Reply by KennyT, on Wed May 25, 2011 3:29 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLsElbW9Xo
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Wed May 25, 2011 4:10 pm
Kenny,

am sorry but  pop ups blocked out the web site in your response.

I went to you tube and pulled it up,  but I can't figure out what it is all about.

Was it supposed to be something about all those Haitians?
Reply by KennyT, on Wed May 25, 2011 9:34 pm
No it was about life Jack. Still relevant today as it was all those years ago.
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu May 26, 2011 7:19 am
sorry kenny,

I could not pull up the web site.

will try again today

am curious
Reply by eddie, on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:41 pm
Kenny why do you call Palin an idiot?? Just wondering.
eddie
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.