Meet and talk to 20,105 OstoMates

Photography

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:19 am

I've just started to get into photography and trying my hand at some of the local flora and fauna. I'm no David Bailey but i'm taking a few nice pictures at the moment. Would be nice to hear from others who have the same interest

Past Member
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:18 am
Your photographs are beautiful, my friend. The clarity, depth and color are amazing. Hope you continue to share as I will continue to enjoy.
Great Job.....   BEG

PJT
Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 am
Absolutely beautiful JT! The colors, the composition, the level of detail...everything. You obviously have a great eye for this. I look forward to seeing more.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 pm
Stunning. You are gifted, keep clicking!!!

Much love,

Tippitopx

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 pm
These are  indeed a beautiful pictures keep 'em coming Ed

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:12 pm
Outstanding work!  Someone once told me that quality photography was actually an awful lot of work. I disagreed and said, "Taking pictures is a ......snap." (Sorry, that pun's for Tippitop.)

JT, your work is awesome. To me and many others it illustrates the miraculous beauty to be discovered throughout our created universe if we would only open our eyes and look. Thanks for sharing and for adding more brightness to our community.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:18 pm
nice work jt,

you have a good eye for macro photog.

have you ever tried double exposures w/film media?  that is a lot of fun too and can be
just as rewarding.  keep it up.  you've got me thinking about my photo days back when.
still have the equipment.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:46 pm
WOW!!  So nice, keep sharing

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 pm
Very nice work JT!  You have not only a good eye but also great skills -- what software do you use to work your photos or are they as is?

JT
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:16 am

ballpeen wrote:
nice work jt,

you have a good eye for macro photog.

have you ever tried double exposures w/film media?  that is a lot of fun too and can be
just as rewarding.  keep it up.  you've got me thinking about my photo days back when.

This is my first venture into photography and haven't a clue what you mean about double exposure unless its flashing your bum twice

JT
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:18 am

Traveling Lady wrote:
Very nice work JT!  You have not only a good eye but also great skills -- what software do you use to work your photos or are they as is?

The swan was cropped in picassa and the i'm feeling lucky button used.
The dandelion and buttercup were my first attempt using photoshop and the subjects weren't enhanced the black background was just put in

JT
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:22 am

Before and after

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:41 pm
You should really try double exposure. I did it way back with my SLR and had some great outcomes. Try it.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:01 pm

ballpeen wrote:
nice work jt,

you've got me thinking about my photo days back when.

I'm thinking of putting out my darkroom equipment for the yard sale we're having this weekend...  Oh those tedious old days when working a photo required so much equipment and time!

JT
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:59 pm
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.