My Photoshoot

Replies
Views
Rebekah
I went for a photoshoot on tuesday and it was awesome!!!! I did get back one picture so far, I cannot wait for the rest of them. I used to model a long time ago and really wanted to do this to let people know that we should be proud of our ostomies as it has saved our lives. I want to empower people to do the same.
Rebekah
I tried to upload the photo but it didn't show up.....not sure what I did wrong
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hi Rebekah

If its your profile pic they look very nice.
Rebekah
Thanks John, yes it is my profile picture, I don't know why I can't post it in a message. I will look into that site....thank you
JT
Hi Rebekah ..great pic of you showing off ..if you need help posting pics using photobucket i'll post some details for you

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Rebekah
Hi JT, I could use all the help I can get LOL
JT
What i suggest then is when you mouse over the picture a bar appears at the top of the pic and if you click on resize use the 800x600 option.

Then you click the box highlighted in red and it copies.

In the box where it says insert image right click the little box which has http in in it and click paste ..pic is then displayed
Rebekah
JT
3 edits later it might be right
Rebekah
I got it......Thank you soooooo much
JT
Another satisfied customer
badancer
Fantastic photo!!! Page # 1 of our Ostomy calendar.
Rebekah
There's an ostomy calendar?
Thank you
gutenberg
There's an Ostomy Calendar?? Or is Badancer up to someyhing??? I know it will be good if he is
Xerxes
Rebekah,

A beautiful picture of a beautiful person!

X_
WOUNDED DOE
Great job girl!
PJT
That is really a GREAT picure Rebekah. My hat is off to you. Maybe you will start a trend and more members will reveal their appliance. I'm already thinking about it. Now where did I put that camera...?
KennyT
It is in that drawer over there there PJ.
PJT
Thanks Kenny. I found it.
Jamie93
Well done. My name is Jamie Folkard. I live at 17 Civic Gardens, Mile Cross Norwich, Norfolk, England, Great Britain (sorry for the long description) I read your last comment and I too think that ostomies should be expressed or even publicised because I think that the more people know about them the better, I'm not saying that everyone with one should blurt it out to any person walking past them but make people aware that people can live and have lived with them for about 30 years or more.
Rebekah
Thank you so much X_ , Wounded Doe and Jamie
PJT - can't wait to see your photos

It was so much fun doing the pictures, I will post more when I get them.

Hugs
Rebecca
Pinky

Hi All - yes there is an ostomy calendar - the "Colondar" http://www.colonclub.com/colondar.html
Although it says "colon cancer survivors under 50" you, Rebekah, might want to submit your fabulous photo for next year since you have gone through so much!

Also, if anyone hasn't seen it, the Phoenix magazine had a fantastic cover one month that is now being used for an ileostomy new patient guide:

http://www.phoenixuoaa.org/links.html

Lots of opportunities for good looking ostomates to get the info "out there"

Past Member
Awesome !!! so very brave and you will give strength to others I am sure x
bes0642
Awesome photo. Admire your desire to educate people about ostomy's. Best wishes on your modeling career in London.
Bob
beyondpar
Let me share with the group about the Colondar......Yes its the colon club and yes they have wonderful photos, but if you look closer there is never more than one Ostomate in any years calendar......and years back the Ostomy was something not shown even in the colondar.....The UOAA sponsors only one page of the calendar and as a result we should be having one ostomate each and every year of the Colondar........Its makes me wonder aloud, since there are so many colon cancer survivors , why arent there more Ostomates in the colondar, as I would want all of it removed and then some and an Ostomy would be the result of most colon cancer survivors, But again its my opinion that even the colon club does not promote the beauty of Ostomy as well....yes I will say it again. Its my opinion that even the colon club does not promote the beauty of Ostomy...

When i first saw the Colondar I was so excited at the thought of maybe seeing all the Ostomys, as you know I am an exhibitionist when it comes to showing the Ostomy......And I was amazed in the first two years not one did I see........Makes you wonder.....Even clubs intimately involved with colon cancer still dont show the Ostomy..( All models had cancer removed and chemo and reattachment of intestines)There were no Ostomates......maybe one if you were lucky and pouch still not shown.............Thats what I call a STIGMA, which even needs changing from within ..........I hope you all understand and Imagine the shock when there were no ostomates in a colon cancer survivor calendar........Strange NO?