Colosto you, colosto me

Posted by sweede, on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:42 pm
Reply by ximena, on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:59 pm
Hilarious ! You made me laugh !

Jo.
Reply by sweede, on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:15 pm
Excellent,  job well done then huh?.x
Reply by sweede, on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:10 pm
Oh dear hehe, topic of the month huh, well i hope i don't get run out of town with fire and pitch forks with this thread lol.

As a great believer in free speech and innovative ideas to promote ostomy awareness, i would be really interested in what other folks think of this wee video actually.x
Reply by ximena, on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 am
If Podge and Rodge find it laughable, who are we not to agree ?

In French, we have a saying : "Humour is the politeness of despair".  Humour is the opposite of cynicism and this video is clearly humoristic without any ulterior motive. That is how people see us and we can cope with that, can't we ? We are survivors !

Jo.
Reply by sweede, on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:45 am
surviors nous sommes mon ami.x
Reply by jcconk, on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm
Dear Sweede,

That was wonderful!!! We all need to laugh, and that was great. If I have to deal with an ostomy, why not enjoy it, anyway we can. I would love to know what people on you tube thought. Did you get a response from people that don't know anything about an ostomy? What a great way to get information out there. I know at times my friends may think I am too open about mine, but I do not believe in hiding it. If people understood what it is about and a bit about what we go through it would be easier for us to deal with. I know when I was in the hospital after my surgery, even the nurses had no clue. They were very nice, but I wish I had, had someone with one to talk to. I have offered to talk to anyone that is getting one or has one. I told my surgon, my ostio nurse, and others, but nobody has asked me to talk to anyone. I know before I got mine, I had no idea what questions I wanted to ask. I did some research, at the time I did not know about this site, and was very frustrated because there just was not any information to be found. Maybe I didn't look in the right place. Now you have done a fantastic thing. Make people aware!!! Thank you so very much!!

Janice
Reply by sweede, on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:07 pm
Oh I'm afraid it wasn't myself who first posted it onto Youtube, sorry if i gave the impression that it was.

There has been mixed reviews on Youtube about it actually, most of them positive, incidently the most negetive comments are from a comedian who had a temporary colostomy for 3 months. Which is a shame as most of the positive comments tend to be from those who dont have an ostomy.
I know this is a bit of a side track but i would like to post the comedians short stand up comedy about him having a colostomy but first i would like to post his comment on the matter if i may:

"Great comedic talent! Making fun of people who are probably dealing with cancer or who have survived other serious life-threatening conditions! It's not a "tube from your colon" it's your actual colon sticking out of your body...it takes a major surgery to get one of those little baggies you're making fun of. When you've screened have you ever gotten a single laugh?  guess it wouldn't have bothered me if I myself hadn't had a colostomy for three months. Thankfully it was reversed, but some people have to have it for life. As far as my sense of humor, I'm a stand up comic and I wrote a set about what it's like to have a colostomy, you're welcome to check it out... "
Reply by MICHELLE, on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:48 pm
luved it well done u , lol xx
Reply by malcie67, on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:11 pm
Only just saw the osto u ostomie you tube video hilarious
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.