Concerns about Traveling with My Bag for a Month in Hong Kong

Replies
Views
airforce1

Off to Hong Kong in October for a wedding. For a month, I am concerned about how my friend, the bag, is going to go.

bob.hewson
Hi,
I just flew from Brisbane to the Philippines, changing planes in Darwin and Manila. A total of 24 hours traveling, but I only have a urostomy bag. Sitting in the aisle seat for frequent visits to the toilet presented no problems for me. If you were ever able to use the confined space of an aircraft toilet, the bag will not make it that much harder.

As I was advised, carry plenty of your supplies in your carry-on bag as lost or delayed luggage can cause serious problems.

My wife lost her bag for three days on the way to Australia, but the trip home was uneventful.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,372 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Xerxes

The best advice, make sure you get an aisle seat especially on a very long trip like the one you are taking. I have flown to Japan several times and if I did not have an aisle seat I most certainly would have been punched in the nose, LOL. Also, as Bob tells you, bring extra supplies in your carry-on. Don't worry, all will go well. Enjoy.

X_

mooza

Hey Airforce wahooo Hong Kong! Great, I paid an extra $50 on my trip to Malaysia on Air Asia. I got the aisle seat and where the plane exit sign is, soooo much room. And I took way too many pouches and would do it again. Yes, I probably had a month's worth in my carry-on bag and probably another month's worth in my luggage. But yes, I had no problems at all. Have a great trip! You will be fine. If the plane's not too packed, just grab another seat if you don't get an aisle seat. Can't understand why everyone had to go to the loo all the time though!! xxxxxxxxxxxx Mooza

Primeboy

I was on a 12-hour non-stop flight to the Middle East and back last summer. My ileostomy was not any more a problem for me than would have been the colitis I had been dealing with for years. Anyway, although I did not have an aisle seat, I managed to sit still for two hours at a time. What helped a great deal is that I cut down on food consumption and would get up and wander about the plane, up and down the aisles for 15-20 minutes at a time. I could do this when the stewards were not serving. They did not mind. Other folks did the same. Some just stood up near the bulwarks and stretched. We flew Continental which is nothing more than a can of sardines. Hope you have more legroom.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
airforce1

Hey Mooza, email me. Where do you live?