Decoration Day

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Primeboy
Years ago we celebrated Decoration Day on May 30th to honor our war dead. More recently we celebrate this occasion on the last Monday in May and know it as "Memorial Day". Many commonwealth nations observe this day on November 11th and refer to it as "Remembrance Day". As a kid we went to the graveyards on this date to place flowers and flags on graves. In school we recited a famous poem in honor of the day. Its simple words and measured pace still reverberate in my head every year as we approach this holiday. I thought I would share it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_x0M5y-EWo feature=related

PS: On a wall in my house I have a sign which reads, "If you can read this, thank a teacher." Under these words is another more compelling sentence: "If the message is in English, thank a soldier."

Happy Memorial Day!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Xerxes
Dear PB,

Most powerful! A fine remembrance. Thank You. Have a wonderful day yourself.

X_
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate