Celebrities with Crohn's & Colitis: Inspiring Stories

Replies
Views
~traci~
Celebrities with Crohn's and Colitis Disease!! Learning Something New Everyday!

My curiosity has always been aroused by the fact that the necessity for ostomy surgery is no respecter of position or lifestyle. Because we know that this surgery is more common than most would believe, there are probably many people in the public eye who are ostomates. Like many of us, they want to keep this information private and we respect this desire. However, some mention does come to light from time to time and knowing these people have lived active lives of great accomplishment can serve as an inspiration to all of us. Among those we could mention in the past were: former Vice President Hubert Humphrey and President Dwight Eisenhower. The late Queen Mother Elizabeth of Great Britain who was over 100 years old before passing away and the late Moshe Dayan, former Defense Minister of Israel. Rolf Bernischke, ex-kicker for the San Diego Chargers, has an ileostomy. So does senior PGA Golfer Al Geiberger. You may never be a queen, king, President of the United States, but I bet you didn't know who else suffered with Crohn's and Colitis Disease???

Sir Steve Redgrave has won a gold medal at each of the five past Olympic Games: in the coxed four in 1984. Daryl Palumbo is the singer for New York hardcore band Glassjaw. He is an underground icon. Their debut Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence. Beth Orton, British singer, songwriter, was born in Norfolk in 1970. She was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at the age of 17. Mary Ann Mobley is a Miss America, a humanitarian, a motivational speaker, a documentary filmmaker, an award-winning actress, best friend to her husband, and a proud mom. Mike McCready, lead guitarist of Pearl Jam, was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease at age 21. From the very beginning, Carrie Grant is known to millions as the flamboyantly dressed teacher who coached the Fame Academy students' singing voices. Al Geiberger is an accomplished professional golfer who has won 11 PGA tour events, 10 senior tour events, and 8 super senior (for golfers 60 and older) competitions. David Garrard, the Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback, was born in 1978. Garrard, a third-year veteran who played college ball at East Carolina, started feeling sick in January 2004. Theoren Fleury was picked 188th in the 1987 National Hockey League draft. In the 1998-99 season, he scored 53 assists, the sixth highest number of assists in the league. Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969) was the 34th President of the United States. Bringing to the Presidency his prestige as commanding general of the victorious forces in Europe during World War II. Shannen Doherty, actress, revealed to Star magazine in 1999 that she's been secretly battling an agonizing stomach ailment for years. Shayne Corson was first diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when he was 15. There have been flare-ups before in his 15-year NHL career. Chris Conley, singer for Saves The Day, said, "I've known Crohn's Disease since I was 15 or 16. For different people, it's worse." Rolf Benirschke was taken as the second-to-last pick in the 1977 NFL draft. Few people could have imagined the football career that would unfold. Marvin Bush, son of former President George W. Bush, was born in 1956 in the oil boomtown of Midland. Marvin worked primarily in mergers and acquisitions and investment management. In 1985, Bush's life changed forever. Anastacia is a rare talent. She is a songwriter, a singer, and a dancer. Born in Chicago, raised in New York City.
mooza

Good read, thanks Traci. I did know a few of these people who have battled this shite disease. xx Mooza. Pearl Jam and Anastacia, I knew those two had Crohn's....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,454 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

budd002
Theoren Fleury was picked 188th in the 1987 National Hockey League draft. In the 1998-99 season, he scored 53 assists, the sixth highest number of assists in the league.

I actually have him as a friend on my Facebook and he is the nicest guy one would meet. However, he hasn't had too hard of a time with his Crohn's, which is a good thing especially for him and his past profession.
ron in mich

Hi ladies, I just read that Ultimate Fighting Champ. Brock Lesnar just had a colon resection with about a foot of colon removed due to diverticulitis. Not sure if he has a temporary colostomy or not. Ron in Mich.