Thought of the Day

In this discussion
Replies
Views
fiestyphoenix_51

Hmmmmmm, my idea of a Super Bowl would have to be a self-cleaning toilet. Have a super day everyone!
Fiesty

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,104 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
sweede

It's called an automatic flushing toilet, is it not?, hehehe

annie_nu2

Hey, a lot of the newer public toilets do have automatic flushing features. They usually scare me when they flush unexpectedly. One time I almost dropped the pouch I was emptying. That would have been a real blast when it clogged and everything went everywhere!!

fiestyphoenix_51

Well G, nothing else is on TV these days!! At least the Tidy Bowl commercials are worth a crap!! LOL
Remember when you shouldn't squeeze the Charmin?? The good old days, huh? Whatever happened to that toilet paper cop?

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Sure do, Annie. Mr. Whipple... I wonder if he's still alive? He would have to be pretty old by now. Hey, what was the commercial with the knight on the horse? The slogan was "Stronger than dirt," I think...

fiestyphoenix_51
Hey G, I only remember the horse with the knight on it, since I'm a horse lover, LOL. I don't recall the name of the cleaner but have you seen the commercial with the girl from Morton Salt, Charlie the Tuna, Chef Boyardee, the Dill Pickle Stork are all gathered around the dinner table? It's cute and Mr. Clean is in the kitchen ready to do the dishes. What a man!!!!!!!! Woo hooo. Cya!!!

Fiesty
Past Member

Yes Annie, I saw it... cute... even the Gordon Fisherman is there. I believe the "Stronger Than Dirt" commercial was for Ajax cleaner. Amazing how I can't remember what I had for breakfast but can remember something from 30 years ago!! Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor.

annie_nu2

In 2000, P&G presented Dick Wilson (Mr. Whipple) with a lifetime achievement award at a reception with his family and friends. But I agree, he must be pretty old by now.

annie_nu2

Hey, do you remember an oldies song about somebody who had a brand new bag? I just thought of it and wondered if it was written about an ostomate.

Past Member

Yes, I remember it... I think James Brown sang it... LOL maybe it was about an ostomate!! He he he!!

vulcanBMk2

I've just ordered some new ones in crocodile skin with gold plated taps and a fur-lined wafer. All in the best possible taste!!

Past Member

Well Pete, we only live once, so go in style I say!!
I'm thinking about a nice leopard skin print for when I play Tarzan!!!
Awww eee eeeah awww

weewee

Not too long ago when the joke was going out, there used to be a commercial called "PLOP PLOP Wizz Wizz, oh what a relief it is" that used to resemble a good morning start. Now, what would we call it? Can anyone remember any other funny commercials?

Past Member

Have you seen the Centrum commercial posted in the video section... It's very funny.

fiestyphoenix_51

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!!!! What commercial is that from? Is it Pepto Bismol?

fiestyphoenix_51

You know it's gonna be a good day when you open the dryer, the socks are all there, paired up, everything is folded neatly.

weewee

Are your clothes laid out for the next day? Man, do I miss those days. Now it's in the drawer or in the laundry basket. Call it good as long as you keep the cats off your stuff. LOL

weewee

No, the plop plop fizz fizz was from Alka-Seltzer. Oh, and if you can't tell, spelling isn't a big thing. Back when I was growing up, they used to say "spell it like it sounds". Boy, do you come up with some funny-looking words.

fiestyphoenix_51

Did anybody ever actually squeeze the Charmin at the store? Peace out everyone.
Fiesty

annie_nu2

Well, yeah!!! They said not to, so of course I had to do it to see why. It just felt like squished toilet paper and my mom probably didn't buy it.
Now commercials try to be subtle....and sometimes I wonder what they are selling.

fiestyphoenix_51

What are they selling, erectile dysfunction drugs? Wow! If you have an erection lasting 4 hours, seek emergency help. Then, go get the drug they are selling for the herpes infection you just got. It's a crazy, crazy world, folks.

Happy Monday, everyone!

Fiesty.