ConvaTec - Less Effort More Ease
ConvaTec - Less Effort More Ease
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Meet and talk to 18,666 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 18,666 OstoMates.
Not your typical ostomy website. See why

Dealing with Heat

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:08 pm
I am having a very difficult time keeping my appliance attached when I get hot.  If I am outside for only a short period of time, I sweat under the flange and the adhesive combined with sweat turns to "slime" and everything comes off.  Does anyone have ideas, suggestions, recommendations?  I have tried paste, no paste, barrier ring, no barrier ring, and sure seal rings.  I don't want to sit inside all summer.  Ideas please!

Product used:  Coloplast Assura, 2 piece.
Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:22 pm
i have no troubles in hot, humid kentucky. a few questions.....do you use dial {yellow} soap when you wash the area?? do you use skin prep?? do you use the "eakin" rings {or one the the ones sold under other brand names}???
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:37 am
hi bosco do you tape around your wafer or use a belt that might hold it in place for you.   good luck
Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm
Hi Bosco. I think you might want to try different products to see what works best for you. I am an average "sweater" but I can be out golfing in 102 degree weather for several days with the same flange, and no problems. I don't use any adhesive, only a strip which I fold around the opening. Check out Hollister and other manufacturers. They will all send you free samples. Good luck!
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.