I'm still in the hospital with a few less large bowel

Replies
Views
budd002
I just wanted to check in to let you know I am still in hospital since June 9. Got my TPN going and had a chunk of my large bowel removed. Apparently things were way worse than I had thought because they wanted me to be sdmitted the day I came for my first visit.

I don't have much battery life left on the good old IV pole and I don't want the pain meds to stop working.

If anyone wants to send me an email they can go through the hospital webite: www.mt..siani.com? I'm Sharry in room 1408 -B Now that is a cool idea to get emails whiile in hospital recovering.

I have met some great people here. Some very emotional due to having the surgery some like I was when I had mine, no knowledge of what has happened. As much as I wnt to be home I will miss talking and meeting these people.

Take care all and I hope to be sitting at my home computer soon as this one is slower than a popcorn's fart!

If anyone in the Toronto area has an old computer they would like to donate to the 14th floor here it would be a GREAT asset...trust me on that one!!

Bye for now

Sharry

P.S. If all goes well I'll be getting the NG tube and drainage tube aout tomorrow!!! erhaps even a cup of broth...???
lynsie
remember that NG tube - ugh!! had 6 surgeries w/o me knowing went into coma for 3 wks after 4 days, treating for diverticulosis thought only 4 days ended up being in hosp for 4 mos, lots of issues - there was little hope for me, parents told me! but here i am w ileostomy/open fistual - largest stomach hernia - large skin graft from leg to stomach!
gained weight! still love my foods, chew thoroughly, even popcorn!! enjoy my weekend coolers!! now on AISH, approved for disability tax, but havent worked for last 4 yrs tho!? do live in subsidized housing! downsizing to 1 bdrm apt. soon from 3 bdrm townhouse!! boys have left nest 4 yrs ago. so this transfer might be Aug01!! worried at first, now looking forward to no stairs!! new location, new life! AISH may pay for movers/packers! good to know of good supporters!! and family takecare
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gutenberg
OK Buddster, are you going to make this a career move or what, hanging around hospitals you run into people with knives and staplers just waiting to get at you, Oh, oh, too late you say, well we are thinking of you and sending out good thoughts to help you through all this shit, so take care, Ed

Just noticed, only in Canada eh.
Snowwhite
Hey....Hope they are treating you well. I had surgery there at Mt. Sinai in Toronto. It was about my fourth surgery but it was the first stoma. They took wonderful care. Relax and rest! Take care.
nogutz
Hi Budd

Sounds like a good idea, I will look around for a puter and send it up there. My brother lives in the beaches there. So is there ever a time when you just take care of just yourself girl. I mean you are in the hospital, take care of you ............lol.Like thats going to happen. As for the broth I have heard that Mt. Siani has the best broth this side of the Don Vally. Take care your gutless buddy down the road

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
airforce1
take care ko how you feel
gutenberg
STRAINED CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP, and more strained cream of mushroom soup and then that beautiful little cup of YOGURT, something I never really cared for until that day and I was getting up to four a day at the end of it. It was only in the last year or so I quit the yogurt, talk about living dangerously, after 8 years, enough, get well Buddster, Ed
By the way this NG tube, is that the one that goes up your nose?