High Output

In this discussion
Replies
Views
precious299

I have a looped ileostomy and was wondering, does anyone experience a high output a lot during the early hours of the morning? Which causes a lot of leakages?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

carrot

Glad you asked the question. Yes, I also have a high output. It seems like every time I turn around, I have to empty the darn thing. I cannot even get a good night's sleep. I have to get up around 2 am to empty the bag, but no problem with leaking.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Thad

I have a high output also and consequently I use a Hollister Pouch (#3874) with flange #8724. The pouch is the largest one that they offer - 16 inches - and it has been successful in stopping the problem with leaks in the middle of the night.

If that pouch is too long for you to use for daytime wear, you can always use a shorter pouch for daytime and switch to the longer one at bedtime.

Thad