Delicious Differences

Replies
Views
three
I enjoy our differences, and to celebrate diversity, I want to share some of the different things human beings did with this mysterious breath Castaneda called it the "rolling force" and a simple song.

Here's one expression of that song . . . and I'll post a new one each day until I tire of this thread and want to do something different.

ron in mich
3 thats your perogitive, but i gotta say you,ve done better.ron
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,318 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

three
Yes ron . . . I definitely agree with you on that one let's see what tomorrow brings!!
mooza
this songs already done in australia i still like it though !!!! ???
Pinky
This didn't do much for me either. I guess I don't get the message. What does "I don't speak no Americano" mean? Is it anti-American culture taking over everything on the planet and pushing out the local traditions (eg: McDonald's, Coca-Cola, Starbucks)?

Or is it a fad like the Macarena? At least the dance is simple.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
three
Hi mooza ~ I can easily understand why the "land down under" is done with this song I recently heard it for the first time, and already I'm just about done with it.

Hi Pinky ~ the original song had a message, but that message is not my reason for this Topic which is simply about seeing diversity as a wonderful thing rather than a catalyst for conflict.
three
mooza
hahahahah your cheeky lolol xx
three
G'day mooza ~ gotta give you a hand (or 2 or 3 or 4) for that last comment with its great visuals! LOL

Pinky
I ike the Renato Caroso original version and the hand jive version! VERY COOL! ;I can see this has been around a while - where have I been?
three

I'm with you on that one Pinky ~ I didn't know of this song until I received an email in March of this year with a link to the Cleary and Harding version, and yet it has quite a history according to this Wikipedia list:
  • The two main characters sing this song at a jazz bar in the movie quot;The Talented Mr. Ripley quot;.
  • French rapper Akhenaton, whose parents come from Naples, covered this song under the same name but in French. He describes the story of his fascination with America as a child, and his disappointment upon discovering America as an adult.
  • Lou Bega made a cover of the song entitled You Wanna Be Americano.
  • The Brian Setzer Orchestra covered this song with their song, quot;Americano. quot; This song appeared on their album quot;VaVoom. quot;
  • The song was sampled in 2010 by the Australian duo Yolanda Be Cool and producer DCUP in their song quot;We No Speak Americano quot; that became an international hit. It was subsequently re-recorded by Marco Calliari.
  • Don Omar - We No Speak Americano (Remix)
  • This was used as one of the demo songs used for the singing synthesizer software Vocaloid Tonio and featured both him and another Vocaloid quot;Big Al quot; singing the song.
  • The Puppini Sisters recorded this on their album quot;Betcha Bottom Dollar quot; in 2007.
  • Background music during a cafe scene in the movie The American with George Clooney, 2010.
  • Pitbull (2010)- Bon Bon (We No Speak Americano)
  • In 2002 the Chilean rock band Pettinellis recorded a cover entitled quot;Americano quot; as part of their debut album (titled). The voice is performed by keyboardist Camilo Salinas, Chilean-Italian musician born in Rome during the exile of his father, the musician Horacio Salinas.
  • Joe Penna, a famous youtuber known as MysteryGuitarMan, made a video cover of this song, using traditional musical instruments from Bali in 2010.
  • Eliot Kevin amp; The Broken rleased this song on their album Damage of this Day
  • Rita Chiarelli released this song on her album Italian Sessions
  • Also served as the Autoblow soundtrack
  • Actor Darren Criss covered the song At the Yale Club Benefit on May 14, 2011
  • Past Member
    and someone packaged it all up as part a Zumba Dancersize segment, an exercise-craze sort of program that's popular in the US (i think its originally from down under). Definitely gets you movin'!!
    Fun post! Celebrate diversity, as in don't make the circle narrower, make it wider...
    KennyT
    I adore the fact that everybody I know have their own identity and follow their own paths. That is what life is about. Live it the way you see it and you follow your path to the destination of your choice.
    three

nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp

three

nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp

Past Member
    OH, I didn't KNOW you'd post one that I MYSELF didn't like, that changes EVERYTHING!
    lolololololololhaha
    three

mooza
    hahahahahahahah i had this on a email lololol hehehehehehehehTOO GOOD ! eheeheh
    Past Member
    That's better, Three, thank you. The whirling dervishes meet zumba--- all is right with my world.