Where to order high-waisted swim shorts for men with stomas?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
Looking for recommendations on where to order high-waisted swim shorts suitable for men with stomas.
noelhx

Holidays
Hi all, I will be going on holiday in a few weeks and need to get some swimwear (shorts) that will cover my stoma. Anyone any ideas where I can order them from?
Only had my operation 2 months ago, so none of last year's will do. I need some with a high waist.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

geraldine 08

Hi, try the website. Vanilla Blush. They do mostly ladies but do some men's things. They are a lot trendier than most sites.
Good luck. Have a good holiday.
Maggie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
dsmithsc91

I had to laugh when I read the title of the post. The first thought that comes to my mind when seeing the word holiday is Christmas time. I had visions of some Santa Claus themed swimwear.

Anyway, I'm not sure what style you are looking for or how far above the waist you need to cover. That being said, triathlon shorts may be an option. They are made to swim in and have a higher waistband than standard swimsuits. They cover my stoma and pouch no problem. (See pics in my profile for an example of what I'm talking about.) They do come with a small pad for biking which could be easily removed with a seam ripper.

Dave

gutenberg
noelhx

Thanks, I will have a look at that site.
Noel

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
noelhx

Hi
I have one pair of the boxers from Comfizz and they are great for support when out walking (waiting on more to arrive). I will have another look on their site to see if they have swimwear. I want to look respectable sitting at the pool on our cruise. This is my reward for surviving cancer and getting through the last 2 months, but still not worth giving up a bladder/prostate for, I think.
Thanks, Noel

gutenberg
After surviving your ordeal a nice vacation is definitely In order, enjoy to the max, Ed
walkervi

Go to Stealth Belt on the net. Warning: They are $75 bucks, but pretty cool.