Small Intestine in Hernia Space

In this discussion
Replies
Views
lottagelady
Sorry, been away for a while - just not feeling so bright.

Anyway, following a recent CT scan, it appears that my small intestines have dropped into my hernia space and are frolicking about down there with my colon..... no wonder I keep vomiting!

Anyone ever had this? It seems that this may be a trickier operation than thought.

My gynae surgeon also wants to be present to decide whether or not to remove my uterus due to endometriosis too....

Any thoughts, previous experience of this??

Rach xx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Snowwhite

Wow... What a lot of decisions you have to make. Ask lots of questions, pros and cons. I too have endo but the team (I call all my hospital personnel, family, friends, and me "my team." They all have to live with the outcome in some way!) decided not to remove my uterus. I have so many adhesions and bowel is sticking to everything... even the lady parts.

Whatever decision you make, feel good about it. It helps to have a positive outlook and that can help recovery. Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lottagelady
Hi Snow White, thank you!

My gynecological surgeon, whom I trust implicitly to do the right thing for me, sorted out my issue in 45 minutes after 9 failed fistula operations over 12 years. She has been looking after me and trying to find out what is wrong by referring me to the best of her colleagues. I haven't met my colo-rectal surgeon yet, only members of his team. However, I intend to meet him on July 29th at my next appointment. Otherwise, he won't be performing surgery on me until I do! I suspect I have endometriosis and adhesions as well, although I'm not sure if the adhesions show up on a CT scan - endometriosis doesn't.

The trickiest problem, I suspect, will be the small bowel that has taken a nosedive.

Rach xxx
airforce1

I have a hernia. I have had 5 operations. They moved it to the left side. I have another hernia but will put up with it as I am going to Hong Kong for a wedding in 3 months. How do you feel? My daughter has EDO. She is only 20 years old.