Desiderata

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
desiderata - by max ehrmann

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,097 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vulcanBMk2
Yea right!! your point is???...................
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member
His point is:

That this is one of the most beautiful, poignent group of words that anyone has ever had the good fortune to have the talent to set to pen and ink. It is as timeless and eternal as any thing that God has placed on this earth and has the same meaning and inpact as the day it was written;

This words were spoken at my wife's funeral as a eulogy to her life as she lived it.I will always remember her but especially when I hear some one speak even one line of the Desderata.

Thank you so much, my good friend Gute.

AND that IS the point, friend!
Past Member
Has been and will continue to be ... Desiderata.

Beauty in words.

Something desired as essential.
Past Member

Hey, nbsp; nbsp;welcome back Darlin. nbsp; nbsp;you doin better now?. nbsp; nbsp; C'mon and fill us in. nbsp; nbsp;we have been worried!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member
Thanks - only partly back... nothing unfolding like I planned it. There is a joke there but I can't recall it just now.

I put a bit on my blog (into the silence) - EVERYTHING CHANGES.

This moment.....
Doctor free, Medication free, Problem free, Not pain free but dancing around it and with it.

Hugs... all ... appears Fort has been well held.

More before too long.