Trouble with Onesie Sealing

Replies
Views
lynsie

Been having trouble with burning; went to ET nurse since I've gained weight; been 1 year for ileostomy; liked the idea of onesie; but having trouble sealing good, paste user, changed pouch 3 times within the week; Wednesday, Thursday; now burning again!! Might shower and change it again!! It's crazy, and trying to pack for moving August 01.

gutenberg
Hi Lynsie: I remember well having this burning and itch around my stoma and what worked for me was I started using Adapt rings from hollister, the first time I used one I was able to leave it on for 6 days and by then it was almost all cleared up and after the second one it was all cleared up, also I used a hair dryer on the rings on low for about twenty seconds, and that was after i had stretched it to the approximate size. I also left the paper on the rings until I was ready to slap it on maybe you are using the adapt rings already, anyway I wish you luck, Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,430 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

lynsie

Went back to 2pc for now, - looking at different size - thinking I'm cutting too small - like one piece because of curvature to abdominal scar tissue - recalled homecare, coming next Mon/Tues - TG
Hopefully this 2pc will last - crazy after shower and changing; emergency takeoff; try to take paste off?!! Thanks for info, hoping not to delay myself, for moving Aug-1

Past Member

Try Hollister 88400's. I never have problems with burning on mine.

peaches

Try karaya powder! It soothes while it heals. I have to change every 3 days, sometimes 2, because of burning. It's because of this ileostomy and the watery output. But the powder really works great!

Peaches

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
DUFOUR 12000CT

I am now an 18-month newbie and have found what works best for me.
Shower and final wash with alcohol wipes.
Powder and blow dry excess powder away.
Wipe on adhesive around wafer area and blow dry.
Install ring over stoma with blow dry for heat.
Install wafer over stoma with blow dry for heat.
Place a generous amount of Karaya Powder around stoma before installing the bag.
No more burning or itching.