Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,170 members

This Site's Chat Room

Posted by cokacoil, on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:47 pm
It really annoys me that the only thing that lets this site down is the Chat Room.  I think we should make some noise to get something like a pop up so that when you're elsewhere in the site everyone knows when someone has went in.  I for one would go cause it might just be someone who is scared, confused or just needs to chat to another ostomate.  It's too damned slow to chat using the forums & gets ... tedious!  We are from around the globe & its the 21st century!!  I'm sure that we could muster up a dozen or so people to chat almost all the time.  So reply & see if we can get a new toy!!

Reply by sweede, on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:10 pm
Go Girl.......Whooop Whooop!!

Reply by winnie, on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:04 pm
I am new to this site.  I was really disappointed to see that no one uses the chat room.  It would be nice to see the chat up and running.

Reply by weewee, on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:24 am
i agree all the osties out there and they give a free chat room and nobody ever in there

Reply by orca15, on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:11 am
i agree too. i would like to chat with others & share experiences as an ostimate.

Reply by Past Member, on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:16 am
I've been in the chatroom a few times. I see a person already in there, but as I pop in, the other person magically disappears. I'm alone again. No fun!

Reply by Past Member, on Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:44 am
Sorry last one!     6000 views of the six chatroom threads. You'd think it would be busier. JLV

Reply by tarababy, on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:06 pm
Ok well on the chatroom....and i have been on this site a couple of yrs now i think.....The chatroom has never changed....it says theres someone there,but they leave when you enter....its slow.....vvvveeeerrryyyyy slooowwww......hehehehe    ..but seriously folks, I found that the time made a huge difference and a big impact on who could chat and when they could chat...for example; here in Australia,Cairns right now its 5:51am on Tuesday 4th.(And i'm only up due to a leaky bag).and im guessing its about 2pm on Monday in the Denver area right now..If your wanting to chat to only USA people, well thats all the better,roughly same day anyway...lol.. I rather like the new private chat that you can get on here..but that only works if the other wants to chat to you...Good luck in finding people..Id go there if i seen more than one invisible dude .....cheers Tara
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.