A Technical Question

In this discussion
Replies
Views
sweede
Hi folks, I have a question for the more experienced users of the site, or perhaps the admin may come in and answer this one, I'd be delighted if they could actually.

Many times when I come on to the site, there are a few sounds that often occur, firstly the "blib" sound I hear, I have heard it twice now while on the forum this morning, what the f*** is it?

It sounds a little like my pop-up blocker kicking in, but it's not that, because I have allowed pop-ups to be shown on this site. I've tried everything to find out what it is, sadly with no luck.
Is it someone trying to contact me? A new posting in the forum? ....What?

Secondly, I often hear a chime sound, like a "ding dong". I know that when the chime sounds repeatedly, someone is trying to PM me, that much I gather, but what does the single chime I often hear mean? New member joined? Someone come into the site?... It is bamboozling me lol.

Hopefully someone can enlighten me on this, as I would hate to be ignoring someone trying to contact me for something, that just wouldn't be cool.

Looking forward to hearing your replies.x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,103 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

administrator
Site Admin
Hi Sweede,

As of yesterday, our instant chat 'chat request' notification sound has changed. Until now, when someone was inviting you for a chat, you were hearing a 'doorbell chime' sound. We thought this sound was a bit too much and changed it with the same sound Yahoo Messenger uses for their chat notification.

To hear the new sound, please click here. Next time you hear this sound, it means someone wants to chat with you.

As for the 'blip' sound, I am not sure.

Regards,

Admin
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
sweede

Cheers admin, that is the sound I hear, although I just heard it again whilst on the forum now, and I can't seem to find anywhere the option to accept the chat, there is no yellow box hovering saying so. Has this been changed also?

And cheers for answering so quickly dude/dudette.x
cokacoil

Hey there Sweede admin!! - This kinda goes along with my request to have an alert when someone is in the chat room whilst you're browsing the forum - please help us admin.