DT13

In this discussion
Replies
Views
davidlf

I have just recently found out that Salts are no longer making DT13 bags. I swear by them, they're the best. I am afraid to try new bags in case they don't meet the standards of DT13.

Although they look like cheap plastic, they're great. How am I gonna cope? Lol....

Can anyone recommend any others I could try? I don't like using two-piece bags. Thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

softncuddly

Most companies offer one-piece products. I'm not familiar with the one you have mentioned, but I would try Hollister's or Convatec, both great companies with reliable products. Good luck, I've had to find new products before and it really sucks because you are so comfortable with the old. Remember, change is good sometimes! LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Jax

You could always try phoning or emailing Salts in your country and asking what the alternative for it is. This is happening with a lot of products from companies when they are not asked for so much. Good luck and they should be able to help you.

lottagelady
Hi David, suggest while you are running your supply down, you get in touch with all of them and ask for samples - better to call as the advisors are usually very good, will want to know stoma size etc.... I've been calling Hollister UK recently for samples and they are great, give them a go.

Freephone 0800 521 377.

Good luck.

Rachel x
Past Member
Hi,
I just looked at your profile and saw you're from Scotland. Salts have home visiting stoma nurses. If you ring Salts on their usual number, ask to leave a message for the stoma nurse. She will contact you and arrange a suitable time to visit you at home. Salts have other one-piece systems that may suit you. I have used Coloplast for about 15 years with no problems, but we all have our personal choice. Best of luck.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister