Ostomy Preparedness

Replies
Views
alanwbrowning

An ostomate should not have problems during sexual intercourse, unless he/she is neglecting proper maintenance of the ostomy appliance. The pouch itself may create some discomfort during intercourse; however, smaller pouches are available to lessen the interference of longer pouches!

tarababy

Hi, I have come up with something so simple to keep the bag out of the road.......1)....A piece of thick elastic sewn together...making sure, of course, that it's not too tight (don't want half of you going numb). Up the leg like a suspender as far as it will go..place the end of the bag in, and a fun night had by all...2) Bowl covers.....they came first, made from plastic....then made one out of material, as the noise of plastic can be annoying....they come in a lot of different sizes.....holds it up and away..even goes under sexy lingerie....nothing to see and an even better night had by all.....if you're good with a sewing machine, you could go into business..going as far as custom made with your own logo or saying.... made for your pleasure..lol..If I come up with any more...let you know...chow baby.....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WAB

For all you guys out there wearing a bag -- I too did not adapt well at first having a bag in front of me while contemplating sexual intercourse -- then I got out my tuxedo cummerbund ...... everyone loves a man in a tux and the cummerbund covers the bag easily and you completely forget about it....... they also come in an array of colors and fabrics..... looks great also....... also I started to irrigate about a year ago and this also has given a lot of freedom as the companies offering colostomy supplies also make a small cap bag which is really small..... those of you wanting more freedom should check it out with your ostomy nurse to see if you are a candidate......... if so you will see an incredible change in your habits as you will feel completely more free and not worry about what you eat or where you are... or the fact you are wearing a bag......... So guys try the cummerbund idea.... one size fits all and your partner will not even know you are wearing a bag....... Take care everyone.....

tarababy

What a great idea, and ladies...boob tube tops or the wide material belts....also there is a place in the US that sells the most beautiful ostomy pouches for us ladies...they are called My Heart Ties..so intricate and pretty I would love to get hold of one...or two..you would want to show it off..good luck to all and seasons greetings..xx

vulcanBMk2

Hey Wab!!! Yeah, I thought of the cummerbund idea, but wasn't sure if it would work. I don't have an evening suit at present, so I ordered a cheap cummerbund off eBay---thanks for testing first---sharing idea!!!

I am now going to be the sharpest dressed dude (nude) in our house!!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
tarababy

Way to go, you guys... been keeping an eye on you both... Be back in 2 days to let you know how the next few days go... keep up the good work, ya funny buggers. Mwah!!!

Past Member

I just had a friend stitch up a device that fits around my waist, covers everything up, and bang away. LOL! Works like a charm. Actually, I should patent it. LOL! Now my only problem is getting some.

Past Member

A cummerbund!!!    What an excellent idea!!