SecuPlast Strips

In this discussion
Replies
Views
tess45

Hello everyone - I was wondering if anyone uses the above product or something that is similar - I have used it over my appliance and it seems to work fairly well (I am trying to stop my flange from rolling up on one side) but it says that you can use it under the appliance - how do you put it on? Does the sticky side go on bare skin and then the flange goes on the non-sticky side? I have tried using tegaderm tape and the medical adhesive to stop the flange from rolling up but they are not great at helping. The dip that I have is not bad enough for me to try paste to even everything out. Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

strongandbroken

The sticky side goes down on your skin. The flange then sticks to the non-adhesive side. It may not be sticky, but the surface is made to be non-porous to give the flange a nice clean flat surface to adhere to, even if your skin isn't flat. The closer to 100% surface area for the adhesive on the flange has to stick to the better.

As for an external tape, I use a 3M product called Medipore occasionally if I'm going to be active. I use a Convatec convex one-piece system and sometimes if I sweat, the edge of the adhesive gives a little, especially 3 or 4 days into an appliance.

Hope that helps

Michael

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate