Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,168 members

Displaying The Bag

Go to page: Previous  1, 2

Posted by Quietdreamer28, on Tue May 26, 2009 10:20 am

tarababy wrote:
Another time I was asked if I was pregnant...lmao...all I said to that was..."You ever seen a one-sided pregnant woman?" Trust me --he looked like he was thinking about that one.

I must say this comment made me smile. By far a great attitude to have Smile

Reply by cancerfree, on Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:01 am
Well as far as I am concerned and as much as I have accepted the fact that I will have this bag the rest of my life, it is STILL GROSS and why would you want to gross out anyone around you? Put yourself in their shoes. Whether you can see the crap or not, everyone will know what's in it!!! It has nothing to do with being reserved or shy, it is out respect for everyone else. Keep it covered PLEASE!!!  

And, WHY would someone want it hanging out where it is vulnerable to getting caught on something and having it pulled off? I'm sure I'm not the only who has experienced a leak(s) in public with poop running down the inside of my pants leg and in my shoe; I sure wouldn't want to have to make a run for the bathroom or my car because poop was actually running down the outside of my clothes!

Reply by MrBillYTO, on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:33 pm
Just my 2 cents...
I went to the gym regularly (used the showers, etc) before my cancer and subsequent colostomy/rectum removal.  I haven't been back to the gym since because I don't feel comfortable using the showers and after I work out, I usually need to shower before I can get back into my street clothes.  That said, I have been to a nude beach in St Martin several times (yup, I was nude too).  The difference is, I wouldn't be up walking around.  I could lie on the beach (in a chair) and always had my t-shirt just covering the pouch from the side and then my arm over that (so the wind didn't blow the t-shirt off).  I felt quite comfortable doing that and like I said, I have been several times since my operation with no apparent weird looks.  Typically, I would use the stoma cap from Coloplast but would just have to keep an eye on it in case the output was more that day.  I guess we all have our confort zone and mine is OK lying naked on a nude beach but not walking around naked in a change room.
Bill

Reply by tarababy, on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:01 am
Thanks quitedreamer28, this attitude has helped many others too.I realise there are many who are a bit more conservative.(trust me I ran a support group)..but if you knew me at all...you would know I'm not conservative at all...I'm out there with it...Tight fitting clothes,mini's...you name it..Been through all the dramas you can have in public,so the embarrasments have all been as bad as you can imagine....But I still see it as....helping...So what they get grossed out....I'm like, "Dont you poop,your weird.lol"? I have found if you explain it to people, they dont get grossed out,they get curious...Then they start to ask questions....and by the time the conversation is over..you can bet your bottom dollar,they know someone who needs to go get a check-up..So you see, there is a method to my madness...the more people who know about these things might help others to get it sorted before this can happen..Know what I mean? Seems people are not as afraid to talk about bowel cancer and crohns and the likes(bag) to a person who has lived through it.So I will continue on my merry way, dropping it out whenever neccesary..And if anyone gets grossed out,well, too bad...get over it...do I come up to you and say...oh gee, you just went and done poop,how gross..And well, I have also been asked...Am I pleased to see them...meaning big thing in my pants...I return with, hey mine is bigger than yours.....wanna see?  Ok well I have probably grossed out a few more on here today,sorry if I have,but if we cant make fun of ourselves then whats the world coming to...I like to think I make a difference in this world...and if being mad..oops me is doing the job, then I'm happy....cheers Tara

Reply by corncob, on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 am

reg wrote:
Eddie, 45 years married for me and still going, my loved one has never ever had a problem with the bag, which was massively helpful in me totally accepting it.
I'm really just provoking thoughts about peoples attitude to public display.
Incidentally, does anybody have dreams/ nightmares regarding the bag ?
I have recurrent dreams where my bag is filling rapidly, I'm running searching for the bog, I find one, then the door disappears, or the side wall, and I have to empty, then there's shizen everywhere wall, ceilings, hands, face etc etc.

WoW I also have recurrent dreams, have been for years! I;m always in a different setting, but it's always the same thing.. I have to empty my bag! Sometimes the dream seems to on forever because I'm running around like some kind of a nut trying to find a facility!

Reply by Past Member, on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:44 pm

corncob wrote:

WoW I also have recurrent dreams, have been for years!

i have a reoccuring dream.  it`s about the sweedish bikni team, they have a fallen in a large vat of grape jelly.......... er.........never mind!!!!!!

Reply by Past Member, on Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 pm
I don't have any problem with the bag as a rule.  If I think I am going to have problems when getting intimate with a man I wear a very mini mini skirt! Gives me confidence and adds another dimension to lovemaking!  As for changing rooms etc, I hide it modestly, like I would the rest of my body when Im drying myself, often there are children in the room and its not nice to "ram it down peoples throats" but if they ask, I'll say.
Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.