Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,331 members

***if you are not happy with your pouch please try this****

Posted by mincon, on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:16 pm
I feel so bad for those of you who cannot live life to the fullest b/c your ostomy bag/pouch holds you back. I have had such a great experience with the Cymed micro skin one piece platinum drainable pouches.  I don't even remember I have them on sometimes. It literally changed my outlook on living with an ostomy. I went home from the hospital with those 2 piece conva-tec pouches and thought I was going to have to deal with the ill fitting things forever. That is until someone with an ostomy introduced me to the cymed micro skin product. I don't understand why more people don't know about these but I guess it is b/c Cymed is a smaller company and doesn't have the contracts with hospitals and dr. offices. I want to pass this message along to as many ostomates as possible. I cannot stress how much it changed my life. Call for a free sample today!!
By the way I do not work for cymed but would love to someday:)Smile

Mindy
Reply by Pinky, on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:26 pm
Thank you for the info, Mindy!  I too have wondered why so few people use Cymed because it seems like the answer to a prayer!  I have tried the microskin myself and had trouble with adherence, so I wonder if it works best for "young skin" like yours.  Thanks for the heads up on actual usage of this wonderful product.     Smile
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:29 pm
Thanks for the info Mindy. would you please post the phone number to call for a sample. im curiuos to see if this product is available in Canada.

Strutter
Reply by mincon, on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 pm
the number to get a free sample is 1-800-582-0707. I hope it helps some of you that can't get a pouch to stay on. Smile
Mindy
Reply by mincon, on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:25 pm
I am sorry that you had a problem with it adhering to you, I leave mine on for a week and it stays put. The only problem I have is the breakdown around the stoma area where feces gets in and starts irritating my skin. I think that is common though. Smile

Mindy
Reply by tess45, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:05 am
Hey Mindy I just received a sample of their product yesterday - I have a question about the pouch, I noticed that they do not have a filter on them for odor ( I got the two piece drainable)  - how do you find them for odor retention. Also perhaps you are not cutting the hole well enough for your stoma size? I have never had any skin breakdown when I am careful about the size that I cut. Have you tried stoma powder for the skin? I know that when I do need it, it helps the skin to heal really quickly.
Let me know about the bags - thanks a bunch Terry
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 am
Hi Tess, Just read your post and was wondering about the "Stoma Powder"? I'm just getting over having quite a nasty rash around mine and wondered if there was anything that might prevent a recurrence? Many thanks, Colm
Reply by tess45, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:15 am
Hey Colm what do you need to know
Reply by tess45, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 am
i am sitting in general chat
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:23 am
Hi Tess, Sorry am using my phone right now and cannot access chat. I was just really looking for a recommendation for a stoma powder so as I could ask at my pharmacy next time I'm there. They're not particularly well versed as regards stoma products, so have not been able to get much advice. Many thanks again, Colm
Reply by tess45, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:54 am
if i were you i would ask coloplast and hollister for samples - just remember to stop using it when the skin is healed. It's easy to use - get yourself a tissue and when you do your appliance change just aim it at the skin around the stoma and give it a coat - then wipe/dust off the excess and then put your flange on. If you leave too much on the flange might have a problem sticking - where you get your ostomy supplies from should carry it - let me know  how it works for you - Terr
Reply by Roxy, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 pm
Hi Dandare,

I got a perscription powder from the Dr. it's called NYSTOP 1000,000, seems to work better for me than the powder from the other companies.  They advised to put the powder on all the infected areas and wipe off excess, then dab it with a non-sting barrier protection film, 3M has a good one.  I'm very new to this and got a rash a week after I got home from the hospital, very frustrating but am doing better now!  Good luck to you!
Reply by mincon, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:46 pm
please call to get a free sample of micro skin pouch. it is worth a try. I am not saying you wont get a rash with them I am just saying i know they didn't send you home with one of cymeds pouches. It is 1-800-582-0707. Am I getting too pushy? lol. good luck I hope you clear up that skin. SmileSmile

Mindy
Reply by Roxy, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:48 pm
Thanks everyone for the info on the cymed pouches, I just had a big problem with the ConvaTec bag not sticking, I left them a message to get same samples.
Reply by tess45, on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:14 pm
Roxy you should call or email all of the manufacturers they are more than happy to send you free samples and ask them to give you more than just flanges and bags - I know I have received a full range of products from mostly everyone. Good Luck Terry
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.