Hugo Hernia 2

Replies
Views
mooza
hey gizmo sorry im doin this outloud i have 2 hernias one Parastomal and the other the OLD stoma site im thinking basketball but guys why do i see the smaller one growing before my eyes the non stoma one is getting BIG real fast is that possible my tummy skin is changing and our Nurses on strike im booked in but have no date . Should i see my stomal therapist ??? if i earbash her enough i mite get in somehow earlier we are good friends i do favours at Ostomy Asso for her lol and she does favours for me we unfortunatly have known each other 15 years with my on again off agin stomas arggg im over this Hernia surgeon said he can fix the hernia which hasnt got the stoma but 50/50 with the other one its ferom midline scar to my hip bloody big and very painful has anyone thought they had the FLU way too many times with a painfull Hernia ???? this has been goin on gor 4 months now like Fevers body aches on and off not the normal flu that takes awhile to get better its like 3 -4 days but this time its been 5 days 1 MONTH TILL SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! be back later goin for a Blood test .

p.s. i havnt proof read this hahahah can anyone tell me how many spelling mistake i made i fixed 1 so far but gotta nic out now xxxxxxxxxx oops i fixed 4 lol........

I have joined the OSTO HERNIA CLUB IN HERE LOL NOT ARGHHHHHH
Bill
Hello Mooza,

Your hernias sound like a real pain.   I'm really glad you posted this as it puts my own into a proper, down to earth perspective and I've decided not to bother with them until the pain and discomfort become much more unbearable.

I am looking forward to hearing how you manage to get your's sorted, then I might consider the same sort of route.  

Very best wishes  

Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

vulcanBMk2
HI Mooza !! I'll get back to you later--I'm still checking spelling mistakes ( As requested) Love PeteXX
Past Member
Hi Mooza, Hope you give them an ear bashing ,must be so painful for you i hope thay get there finger out and put your hernia's right you dont deserve the pain.. Rooting for you..tc ambies..x P.S not looking for spelling mistakes as i can be as bad lol..lol.x
Past Member
Hi there Mooza, Here's hoping they sort out that strike soon. It can't be much fun to be in such pain. My heart goes out to you. Have two hernias too but thankfully not giving nearly as much grief as your two Hugos. Please do keep us posted as to progress. Will have to wait until after my own reversal to have mine seen to. Good luck and take good care, Colm

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mooza
awww thanks my mUK MOB vulcan thanks thats funny hahahah 10 points.

Bill thanks for replying they are painful and not sure if i been gettin the flu for 4 months on and off its werid how you see things changing before your eyes im worried ,went to my local doc she asked my surgoens office if she could intervene and i see somone els well they said they will call me back monday as CHIP my surgeon was in a meeting i know he also is goin away for 2 weeks he is head of colorectal and we have the same football teams you have no isea he thinks im a Carlton fanatic im a fan but hey if usin my footy team to get a heads up i will ,Oh and i have lol

ambies your sweet as usual no its kinda a game im making up as i go i see som of my posts and think arghhhh people think i make up my own words hahahah i come from the Ports Of Melbourne we are our own crazy breed here, wish i was a wharfie would be plenty cashed up now haaaaaaaaaaaaaa............

Dandare you so sweet would love to chat with you do you know ireland paul he is a fun bloke and lived in melbourne for some time ,so we can chat a little bout things and he fives me a ribbing LUV IT ...shouldnt you get the hernia fixed along with your reversal ?? i would want it over with myself xx also your reversal i had problems with my 3 cause of bowel strictures but i put myself ou there i wanted this stoma gone and realized at least i tried but it was a battle all the time they also didnt see some crohns and closed me up .ARGH i was back getting my first stoma for my 29th birthday and for my 30th i decided a bungee jump was a great idea forgot bout my pouch that day but give Coloplast 100points for not comin off im using coloplast sensura shallow base plate now cant wear the flat bases my poor stoma never came back the same after it was first reversed i asked why CHIP told me they can only pull a certain amount of bowel out bummer really my first stoma was PERFECT could of been a model stoma for our Ostomy magazines hahahahahahah .Also anyone thinking of working or voluteering for their OSTOMY ASSOC...Was the best thing i ever did im still poor but have some knowlege of how lucky i am to get free supplys just a $40 membership once a year and postage money which i dont bother i pick my gear up but i have leart so much in the 5 years of picking orders and and now admin (i try not too write emails ) hahah spell check isnt available but typing received is easy or is it hmmm i befor e except after c heheheh oh lost my real ray bans buggar""love my sunnies they suit me LOL
Past Member
Hi again Mooza, Would love to be able to use chat room, but unfortunately living out here in the wild West of Ireland has it's drawbacks, like unbelievably slow internet access. Every now and again its not so bad but of late has been awful.......I'd be faster writing a letter and sending it surface mail!! LOL!

My consultant doesn't like doing hernia repairs while doing reversals. He may see to the parastomal one while he's at it, but the other in my groin will have to wait for a later date. That's the one I have most trouble with but otherwise life is good.

Not come across Ireland Paul yet. Will watch out for him in future! That reminds me of the month I spent up in the Dandenongs and in your wonderful city a few years back. Was happily married then and spent almost a year touring from Adelaide up to Cairns. Probably the most memorable time of my life..........what a wonderful country you live in!! Except for the strikes, of course!! LOL

Here's wishing your surgery comes soon. Wouldn't be much fun down a Lakes Entrance in your bikini with two hernias!!! Sorry for being so cheeky!!! Take care, Colm
Past Member
thanks moooooooooooza
its weird knowing that ive had my reversal, i feel fine and im going back to work on monday but my surgeon says that she is nearly 99% sure ill get a hernia most likely in my old stoma site. so i know that more surgery and time off work lies ahead which is a bit gutting but what can you do.

ps. i read some where on the internet that google spell check was only invented after you started posting stuff on here

only kidding buddy
mooza
AWW sorry gizmo but life for you is good grab it by the bollocks hahahah'' spell cheick this pfft!!lol

Colm thats fine too say i hear ya bit no bikini's left that behind at 16 lol .... yeah what an epic travel wow Carins is lovely a bit hot for me i went in the wet season but boy my beer was hot within 5 minutes they called me VICKY THE VICTORIAN ARGGG i bet they all come from melbourne then they turn on us poor tourists hahahahah this land is grouse hahahah Great....

i will get a carrier pigeon to train for your messages then hahahah xxx cheers and thanks xxx
Past Member
Oh Mooza......you are too funny!! You've just made me want a cold tinny of VB or Tooheys!! Mmmm! I'm frothing at the mouth just thinking about it!! LOL You'll soon be enjoying your summer over there while we're getting shorter days and longer nights............that's another reason for your country being great! Yep a carrier pigeon would certainly be faster than what I'm getting right now!! LOL Take care, Colm
hometown
Hello, i'm in the same boat with a hernia and my dr said leave it alone for now. I tend to think all of us at one time or another with ileo's or colostomy's will get these hernia's I hope you have successful surgery and soon. Good Luck Joyce (Hometown)
Generall
I've had surgery three times to fix hernias. The last time I had a kink in the intestine and whenever I ate I had severe pain and no output. I could only get relief by laying on my side which would apparently straighten out the kink and suddenly the output would begin.

When the surgeon went in to fix two big hernias he actually found and fixed five of them!

I know I've got at least one hernia back, but because I know that they'll always come back I'm not going to have them fixed until they cause a major problem. Even a surgeon once told me, you can fix them, but they'll come back.