Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 26-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Anyone

I am a 51-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,082 OstoMates

Extreme Pain, When Bending...

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:49 pm
Anyone every experienced a crzy pain at the site of the stoma when you bend or sit down.  I have had this pain for about a week...not sure if it a cramp or what, but anytime I bend, sit down, get in the car, I have this pain right at the bottom of my stoma and it goes away after awhile...any idea's...thank you so much fo your help....leslie
  Past Member
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:57 pm
I did have the sensation of being stuck with a pin or needle (on movement) for a couple of weeks but it went away.  I never did know what it was.
  Past Member
Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:58 pm
I used to get sharp pains around my stoma and adbdomen for a good year after my surgery. After resting for weeks, i thought i was pain free, so thats when i started trying to be the old me and  soon realised that it was going to take some time to get to where i wanted to be. Might be worth a mention though next time you see your doc. just to be safe. Tc, DD.
Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 pm
If it's a stabbing pain near the stoma or even a dull ache, it's something your Dr. needs to know about and soon. It could be anything, or it could be nothing, but it's always better to be safe than sorry on something like this. For me, if I had the pain you're having, it's either a hernia, or perhaps a blockage or a pulled muscle.

At any rate, I'd definitely give them a call soon. Good luck and I hope everything is just fine. Very Happy
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.