Meet and talk to 20,116 OstoMates

Scleroderma

Posted by Catherine, on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:41 pm
Hello..I was wondering if anyone has scleroderma. I was diagonised with scleroderma along with an overlap of RA, lupus, sjogrens. Because of this underlying condition, this was the main reson that I had to have my ileostomy. Just curious if others have had this experience as I have. Thanks! Catherine

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:59 am
I, like you, have had a variety of diagnosis.  RA, Lupus, MS and many more.  I am currently working under Dercums Disease (probably correct).  I will read about sjogrens and scleroderma - two of many considerations for me - but I don't remember enough to understand about the relationship with ileostomy.  I remember that it is all related to autoimmune system disorders - the body attacking itself.  I have several of those including thyroid removal, and no more pigment.  So nothing works correctly and I suppect it is all interwoven.  I don't have anything more to offer just now but I will be watching to see how you are doing and if there are other related conditions as people respond.  Interesting inquiry.

I have been on this site for a bit more than a year.  After surgery I had no answers about anything. I found many answers - practical and support - from people here on this site. Lots of really good people.

Welcome, Carol
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.