Interested in meeting or talking to: Male

I am a 34-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female

I am a 57-year-old Male
Interested in meeting or talking to: Female
Meet and talk to 20,086 OstoMates

Pumpkin Pie

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:32 pm
Does anyone have a problem with Pumpkin Pie? I get sick feeling and bloated. I thought it was from eating too much but I had a piece after dinner tonight and I had to lay down.
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 am
Black pepper & cinnamon are made from bark...very hard on guts.  I have to be careful with cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg....any of those ground up hard things.  Good news though...cinnamon oil is fine   

Just a thought.
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 am
I haven't had any problems with any foods but for some reason pumpkin pie makes me feel awful. I really thought it could of been something else but over the past month I had it several times and each time I got sickly... The only thing I have to watch is alcohol. 2 drink maximum anymore and I'm down with cramps.
Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:05 pm
i do pumpkins are a squash family and its bad gor me almost all veggies make me bloated and not feeling good till it passes thru so mi havent eaten veggies since 1994 and have cured most of the bloated problems and gas build up thankd to my gasraoligest i only get problems when i eat something that someone tries to sneak in food when i ask if there is veggies in it and they say no other then that its all self inflected buy what i choose to eat
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm
lol Weewee...re: people sneaking veggies in.  What's with that?  Or they get offended if you choose not to self-inflict with their food.

re: alcohol.  eww, cramps? scary.  I drink a couple times a year to check for holes.  The only time it has hurt is when I had fistulas.
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 pm
Often, Ginger is a spice which is used  to add zest to pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie and other holiday foods.  Even a "pumpkin" spice may contain ginger.   It has a very tasty exotic flavor, but it really can upset your stomach and increase gastric reflux.   It's usually better after 24 hours.
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:32 pm
I like pumpkin pie, but my gut doesn't. Never hits me well Sad
KBD
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 pm
Pumpkin always bothers me.  It is especially bad if the pie is of high quality (ie, made from scratch or bakery quality).
The cheap fozen pumpkin pies don't bother me as much.  Do you have this problem with other pies?  It could be all the fat in the crust you know.   Smile
Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 pm
Only pumpkin bothers me. I can eat apple, peach, cherry, old fashioned cream, etc., only pumpkin gives me a bad time.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.