Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,168 members

Looking For Patterns For Making Pouches In Panties

Posted by Past Member, on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:43 pm
Hi! I had my ileostomy done November 17, 2011. I am an active woman who lives in the country, 3 kids and a job.  I have read in a blog on here, that I cannot find now, a woman had patterns for altering pre-ostomy underwear. I would really greatly appreciate any information about this topic. I have looked in to buying premade ostomy panties, but they are pretty expensive.  Thank you.

Reply by charlie, on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:32 pm
I came across your enquiry regarding ostomy underwear.  I actually purchased one and all that they did was put in an extra layer of material in the underwear and that is where you put the pouch into.  I hope this has helped.

Reply by Past Member, on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:09 pm
Thank you Charlie. I really appreciate you replying. It does help.

Reply by sooziq, on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 pm
Ostomy secrets sells pants for men and women,pricy but nice.

Reply by Past Member, on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:47 am
Fast and easy is my motto....  Take two pair of undies and turn one inside out, then slip the one pair into the other.  Using a zigzag stitch, stretch the leg openings as you stitch them.  After the legs are sewn, all you have to do is tuck your bag in-between the two pair.  I've been doing this for years!

Reply by Past Member, on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:36 am
Thank you wendeehart! So simple I would have never thought of that! Your suggestion is exactly what I was looking for! thank you!

Reply by Mrs.A, on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm
Well, this is not an actual pattern but I'm going to try and make this pocket that you put on any pair of underwear. It looks washable and easy to use. Here is the link. Hope it works!

http://www.ostomypockets.com/index.php?p=1_2

Reply by Nicholoffs, on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:06 am

Wow,  that is a great idea, thank you for the tip I will try that

Reply by Mrs.A, on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:12 pm

As I went to the link it said opps page not found but if you click onto the photo gallery you can see what they look like.

Reply by Mrs.A, on Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Oh check this out... https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/ostomy-pouch-sewing-pattern-2977849?utm_source=pinterest_ip&utm_medium=sm&utm_campaign=shareurlbuttons

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.