Traveling in China

Replies
Views
gracie in texas

I was intrigued by the question from the fellow traveling to Japan. Later this year, my husband and I have planned a trip to China. I have a urostomy. I plan on bringing a lot of supplies, but will there be any surprises for me in China? Has anyone made this trip and do you have any suggestions?

Falcon5

Hi Gracie, not sure about supplies, but my nurse, who was Chinese, told me of the oddest thing...they have an ostomy museum in China somewhere (I can't remember where!) and reported that it documents the history of ostomy wear from the very beginning.....it sounded very strange to me, but also I thought it would give us all an appreciation for the advancements made in our supplies! Enjoy your trip..

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gracie in texas

I looked up Ostomy Museum on Google and discovered it is in the Second Military Hospital in Shanghai. I doubt if we will have time to visit it while we are on our tour, but its existence is really interesting. Thanks for the info.