MONTGOMERY CATALOG 1875

In this discussion
Replies
Views
christiesdad
Guys, you gotta see this!

While rummaging through my wife's old trunk that she inherited from her Grandmother
we ran across this little catalog. It is not a gag or a thing that you would buy in a souveneer(?)
shop. This is authenic!

If any one wants me to I will post some of the individual pages that list the merchandise and the prices, for example,"new England rum,6 gallon keg, $2.00 per gallon".

Let me know?

i CAN'T SEEM TO COPY AND PASTE IT
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Primeboy
Hey Cdad, great find. Don't bother to cut and paste it. Go to this website and you will see it all:
http://www.archive.org/details/catalogueno13spr00mont
It's amazing to discover old items either in the attic or on line. and it's hard to see how much the dollar has declined over the years due to inflation.PB
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
christiesdad
Thanks Prime, will do,
I wonder if this copy has any value?
mild_mannered_super_hero

yes i`m sure that if original it would have some value. most folks dont realize that few paper items survived during that time frame. most were used in the outhouse as both reading material and quot;clean up detail quot;....that makes me wonder...do you know what the purpose of white cobs were in the outhouse ?

A: to see if you need another red one....
christiesdad

yes i`m sure that if original it would have some value. most folks dont realize that few paper items survived during that time frame. most were used in the outhouse as both reading material and quot;clean up detail quot;....that makes me wonder...do you know what the purpose of white cobs were in the outhouse ?

A: to see if you need another red one....   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

Yep! I shore did know that one MMSH,
Matter of fact we were very conscious of the need for white corn cobs. nbsp; nbspWe had two buckets
in the out house, one for red cobs and one for white cobs. Grandma was very aware of the need and insisted,(some times with the threat of corporal punishment) that protocol be followed exactly.
Since there were more red cobs than white cobs, why this was, I have no idea, nbsp; nbspbut there always seemed to be about twice as many reds as whites. nbsp; nbsp;Grandma's policy was: Use one red cob, then use a white cob, as you said to see it you needed another red one. nbsp; nbspDon't know why use a white one, when Grandma insisted we use three anyway!
Another bit of country lore----when in the woods, never never use tree moss as a substitute for
the corncobs! nbsp; nbsp;Creatures lived in that moss that you did not want to leave their home and take up residence on your body. nbsp; nbsp;Chiggers!!

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister